Senior Specialist, Operations OS&D
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Solutions driven success. XPO is a top ten global provider of
transportation services, with a highly integrated network of
people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look
for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively
in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of
experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future
for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity,
join us at XPO. As the Operations Specialist for Over, Short and
Damage (OS&D), you will collaborate with customers, vendors,
Cargo Claims team, and service center personnel to resolve issues
with shipments. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at
work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Expected pay range: $21.16 to $24.29 per hour. Actual compensation
may vary due to factors such as experience and skill set.
- 1st Shift, 6:00am - 2:30pm
- 2nd Shift, 1:00pm - 9:30pm Pay, benefits and more.We are eager
to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a
generous benefits package, including full health insurance
(medical, dental and vision), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Research over, short and damaged freight (including refused and
undelivered freight); process related documentation and resolve
errors for quick customer resolution and claim prevention
- Communicate with customers, operations and vendors as necessary
to resolve issues around shipments identified as over, short,
damaged, refused or stranded.
- Effectively use tools related to matching freight, documenting
shipment dispositions, etc
- Develop strong relationships with operational teams at the
service center(s) to solve recurring issues
- Monitor controls of paperwork and processes that impact claims
such as timely communication of exceptions on shipper loaded
trailers and proper handling of PODs.
- Track and maintain detailed records for all hazmat to ensure
that physical inventory matches electronic inventory; work directly
with vendors to ensure that pick-up and disposal of spills and
related documentation meets all EPA and OSHA standards.
- Bill shipments pursuant to applicable tariffs and pricing
- Work with Cargo Claims Team to ensure specific tasks are
completed on daily basis to prevent claims What you need to succeed
at XPO:At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 year of operational experience in transportation, warehousing
or similar field
- Strong critical thinking and planning ability; flexibility to
work in a fast-paced environment; ability to dive into the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
communicate information in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong computer, typing and 10-key skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office It'd be great if you also have:
- At least 1 year of experience in OS&D
- Knowledge of hazardous materials regulations This job requires
the ability to:
- Walk and/or stand for extended periods, up to 4 hours at a
time, on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be
slippery Be part of something big. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex,
disability, veteran or other protected status. All applicants who
receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take
and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties and skills for this job
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Keywords: XPO, Denver , Senior Specialist, Operations OS&D, Professions , Henderson, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...