Principal Software Engineer I
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Responsible for planning and implementing a web service
infrastructure to support Charter's next generation products. This
position will assist Charter's transition to Internet delivered
content, featured cloud based services, highly interactive HTML5,
and native UI's across a variety of consumer electronics devices
and set top boxes.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Understands big picture from a business standpoint within the
context of the application.
- Develops guidelines for other software engineers that helps
them build and implement code that is scalable, stable and secure
in a .NET / C# environment.
- Design, implement, monitor, enhance and troubleshoot systems in
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality
code, assists with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble
shooting and coaching
- Analyze, revise and document difficulties in existing system
- Test and review system designs.
- Mentor and guide the work of technical staff.
- Develop RESTful APIs for use by various front end/UI using .NET
- Develop microservices
- Take ownership and make technical decisions on software
- Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical
- Develop and implement software according to proposals.
- Estimate scope of work.
- Create project documentation and Develop documentation
throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Implement software proposals.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Thorough understanding of software engineering and object
oriented design principles
- Strong and current development experience in .NET and web
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and
design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller
- Ability to take ownership and make technical decisions on
software development projects
- Development Processes: Agile, Lean, SAFe, SCRUM, SDLC, TDD
- Server Side Languages: .NET/C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, MVC
- Server Side Technologies: IIS, Micro services, Syncfusion
- Database Languages: TSQL, SQL
- Database Technologies: Data Mart, Data Warehouse, ETL,
Functions, Stored Procedures, User Defined Types, Views
- Web Languages & Technologies: AJAX, Angularjs, Bootstrap, CSS,
Web API, Web Methods, Windows Form Applications, XML, XSD, XSL
- Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
- Applications: BitBucket, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, Jira, MS SQL
Server, MS Visual Studio, MS Visio, Postman, SVN, Tableau, TFS
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services,
Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration, and guide the team
to setup a DevOps environment for the applications they build and
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Related Work Experience
10 years of Software Engineering
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Experience with AWS, micro services, and Netflix OSS tools
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $90600
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Principal Software Engineer I, IT / Software / Systems , Watkins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!