Assistant Vice President - On-Site Controls Analyst
Company: BNP Paribas
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Management of BNP--Paribas hascommitted to ensure compliance
with AML / Embargo & Sanctions rules withinthe entire Group. In
this context, Group Compliance has decided to have astrong and
permanent set-up within the U.S.: Group Financial Security US
("GFSU.S."). The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework
in relation to Compliance with U.S. Sanctions;
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to U.S. Sanctions in liaison
with Legal Affairs;
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions
and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group;
- Providing advice on situations linked to U.S. Sanctions across
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the U.S.
Sanctions - related alerts;
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against
embargo / sanctions lists;
- Risk assessing the Group's branches & affiliates regarding
non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight;
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify
that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS U.S.
Responsibilities of the On-SiteControls ("OSC") team (from Group
Financial Security - On-Site ControlsCharter):
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Security
framework within the BNP Paribas Group.
- Assess if BNP Paribas's branches, affiliates and global
business lines comply with regulations / Group requirements in the
area of Financial Security.
- GFS OSC is based in New York. GFS OSC is comprised of
experienced reviewers who travel internationally to execute a
risk-based compliance review plan.
- GFS U.S. On-Site Controls is primarily responsible for
reviewing compliance with Financial Sanctions and in particular
OFAC-specific requirements for all entities globally. The OSC AVP
will report to a GFS U.S.OSC Vice President (VP). The OSCAVP as
part of a team, will undertake review assignmentsin accordance with
an approved plan; provide a high level of assistance in theconduct
of reviews; and contribute to the maintenance and enhancement
ofstakeholder relationships.-- Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will bemeasured on the following four performance
drivers, which will dictate howindividual impact is considered on
the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct Responsibilities: Performing
assigned review scoping and test work, under thesupervision and
guidance of the OSC VP/Team Lead. Assisting in the drafting of
findings, remedial action plans and reviewreports. Delivering
review assignments that adhere to methodology and qualitystandards.
Demonstrating strong and effective time management. Participating
in the enhancement of OSC's professional practices(methodologies,
test plans, RAPs and Review QA etc.) Supporting OSC U.S. in
executing special and ad-hocprojects. Thisposition requires at
least 25-30% international travel to countries where BNPPhas
offices, operations, or business interests which may include
developingcountries. Extended stay up to five (5) weeks may be
required. This isan exciting opportunity for the right candidate to
join a Group-wide functionin a highly visible position. Minimum
- 3 + years' experience in a General Inspection/Audit role.
- 4 - 7 years' experience in a complex global financial services
- Ability to travel internationally and comply with travel visa
- High ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- High level of detail orientation and organization
- Flexibility to adapt to new changing environment.
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative
and time management.
- Undergraduate degree, finance or business related majors.
- Experience in Compliance with a strong knowledge of OFAC
- Working knowledge of banking products and services.
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and
- Working knowledge of automated auditing techniques.
- Foreign language skills a plus in particular French. FINRA
Registrations Required: Not Applicable BNP--Paribas iscommitted to
providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion,and
equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender,
age,creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or
mental), maritalstatus, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation,
gender identity and genderexpression, or any other legally
protected status. Primary Location: US-New York Job Type: Standard
/ Permanent Job: MISCELLANEOUS Education Level: Bachelor Degree or
equivalent (> = 3 years) Experience Level: At least 3 years
Schedule: Full-time Reference: GRO000265
Keywords: BNP Paribas, Denver , Assistant Vice President - On-Site Controls Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!