Field Sales Representative
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Cole-Parmer is a leading provider of precision equipment and consumables to pharmaceutical, life sciences, environmental, and industrial customers around the world. Our proprietary product lines include peristaltic fluid handling systems, test and measurement devices, water testing equipment and consumables, and a range of laboratory essentials products all critical components in scientific research and production.
Job Title: Field Sales Representative
Reports To: Sales Manager
Position Location: Denver, CO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The desired candidate will be effective in establishing relationships in order to increase sales to targeted clients within Process Manufacturing, Industrial, Utility, Academic, Government and Pharmaceutical segments. The individual will be responsible for penetrating accounts and providing recommended solutions to engineering, laboratory managers and maintenance end user professionals while building relationships with purchasing. Effective communications with other members of the Sales Team, Marketing, Customer Service and Operations on segment and client issues is critical for success.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Develops new business within geographic territory & with assigned clients. Develops strategies and implements plans to grow profitable sales. Follows up diligently on leads received from other areas of the organization.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with multiple customer departments (purchasing, research, metrology, engineering, and maintenance)
- Achieves annual sales and gross margin targets; operates within expense budget guidelines & policies.
- Communicates effectively with internal & external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited higher learning institution
- 3-5 years of segment specific or related field experience, selling direct and/or through channels
- Must be results orientated; assertive and self-motivated, and poses strong organizational skills to be able to achieve goals consistently.
- Must possess professional selling and presentation skills to be able to influence multiple levels at customer's organization.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills to close sales and meet gross profit targets.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with customers, customer service and different levels of internal and external customers.
- Must have analytical skills and intellectual ability to develop ideas, products and solutions, apply creative thinking, prepare a business plan and report quantitative data.
- Ability to travel up to 20%-30%
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Cole-Parmer, Denver , Field Sales Representative, Sales , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!