RPS Executive lines Underwriter/Broker - Denver
Company: Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG)
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest
Specialty Wholesale Insurance Brokerage firms. We work with
top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our
employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity
and responsiveness. Position Summary : The Underwriter/Broker is
responsible for driving revenue growth by providing Retail Agents
with a highly responsive underwriting capability and access to
national markets through relationships with Specialty Carriers. Key
- Prospect for new Executive lines business by actively
networking and building relationships with Independent Retail
Agents and Carrier Underwriters to achieve production goals.
- Build strong relationships with Specialty Carriers to ensure
competitive pricing and access to coverage on various types of
- Pre-qualify submissions and ensure focus on high probability
sales opportunities, while following Carrier guidelines to maintain
a profitable book of business.
- Develop and maintain deep expertise on insurance solutions for
specific product lines, industry segments and business types.
- Analyze submissions from Retail Agents and quickly determine
the best available Carrier, coverage, forms and premium.
- Gather information on client risks and determine potential
areas of exposure RPS could also quote.
- Proactively stay abreast on relevant industry and market trends
that impact underwriting guidelines, pricing and premiums.
- Ensure business partners understand RPS' full-range of risk
solutions as their business needs evolve.
- May be assigned a support team to lead, train and oversee work
- Able to travel as needed.
- Detail-oriented; strong analytical skills and excellent
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate urgency in driving towards production
- Sets challenging revenue growth goals and develops and executes
sales plans to ensure success.
- Leverages data and tools to identify client risks and develop a
comprehensive insurance solution.
- Sets a high standard for responsiveness and commitment to meet
the needs of Retailers and their clients.
- Conveys insurance and risk management expertise in ways that
build trust, credibility and establishes RPS as the "one source"
insurance provider. Required :
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years related work experience. -
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and
- Home state P&C license, or willing to obtain within first
90 days of employment. U.S. Eligibility Requirements :
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S.
employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality
and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things,
post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation,
confidentiality and non-disclosure. RPS offers competitive salaries
and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and
accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan,
educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program,
flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job
function), training programs, matching gift program, and more. Risk
Placement Services, Inc. is a division of Arthur J. Gallagher and
believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment
opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any
applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran
status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected
status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all
aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not
limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, RPS will make reasonable accommodations to known physical
or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. #LI-JD1 Additional Information
- Salary Range: $60K - $75K plus commission Please Note:
Gallagher never extends an offer of employment or requests any
personal identification information without having received an
online application and conducted one or more in-person or video
interviews. If you have received any communication referencing the
offer of a job at Gallagher and you have not submitted an online
application or been interviewed by a Gallagher employee, please do
not assume that the offer is being sent from a legitimate Gallagher
Keywords: Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG), Denver , RPS Executive lines Underwriter/Broker - Denver, Sales , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...