Company: Volunteers of America Colorado Branch
Posted on: July 15, 2019
SCOPE: The Building Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the
maintenance and repairs of VOA Denver Metro affordable housing
facilities; supervises maintenance and janitorial staff, ensures
buildings, equipment and grounds are safe, and in good repair at
all times; monitors the facilities to ensure they meet all safety
and health requirements.
1) Assists Colorado Housing Facilities Manager with monitoring of
overall building maintenance, repairs and oversight of Denver Metro
Portfolio, which consists of 750+ units.
2) Assigns and supervises the daily work maintenance and janitorial
staff (Sunset Park Apartments only).
3) Assist the Community Administrator in monitoring the performance
of third party vendor contracts to ensure work order completion and
reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services and
labor for projects, at all Denver Metro Communities.
4) Calls vendors, orders supplies, schedules make readies, compiles
work orders and make readies in the computer and ensures all work
is accomplished within quality standards.
5) Pre-inspection of all properties in preparation for all REAC
6) Recruits, hires trains and supervises housing maintenance staff,
temporaries in accordance with Volunteers of America personnel
policies and procedures.
7) Performs maintenance and repairs on facility, equipment and
grounds, which require a working knowledge of the following fields:
electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, cooling and
8) Addresses safety related issues that present a possible hazard
to residents, employees or the public. Conducts safety inspections
and trains maintenance staff on safety and emergency procedures
including compliance with OSHA, EPA, Federal and State building and
9) Maintains a weekly log to ensure scheduled and preventive
maintenance programs are enforced. Works with Community
Administrators to ensure that preventative maintenance is being
completed and documented at all properties. Reviews logs for
10) Ensures facilities are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly
manner and complies with agency standards.
11) Attend meetings and staff development activities as assigned,
utilizing a teamwork orientation.
12) Maintaining proper work order procedures and related
documentation as well as Quality Assurance inspections of completed
work orders and vendor related work performance, according to
Volunteers of America guidelines.
13) Maintains and repairs exterior grounds and landscaping via in
house staff or vendor.
14) Provides after hours, weekend and holiday emergency coverage as
needed, as well as supervision of Building Maintenance Technicians
in on-call rotation. Brief new maintenance staff members on
procedures, goals and the community.
15) Prepares on-call schedule
16) Performs other duties as assigned
1. At least 5 years direct experience in building maintenance or
relevant experience. Technical certifications in related field
2. Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in the Housing
3. Experience with HUD REAC inspections.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively and relate well to
people with diverse backgrounds
5. Strong interpersonal leadership skills
6. Demonstrated knowledge of all power tools and their uses
7. Valid Colorado Drivers License (valid drivers license and
insurance) and good driving record
8. Strong project management and organizational skills
9. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
10. CFC certification desired
11. Computer skills required, i.e., Excel, Microsoft Word and
Type: Full Time
Salary: $24.52 per hour; Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Colorado Branch, Denver , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!