Addiction Technician I
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Provides milieu management and ensures safety of individuals or
groups in a withdrawal and intoxication management program.
* Interacts with a client population that is actively intoxicated
and/or experiencing symptoms of withdrawal. Provides guidance,
safety, stability and direction to these clients.
* Identifies emergency signals and situations and reacts
* Performs accurate and timely documentation at all times,
including admissions and discharges, inventories and screening of
clients' personal belongings, and charting of all significant
interactions with each client.
* Monitors and documents client levels of intoxication, withdrawal
status, vital signs, physical condition and behavior, as needed.
Must be able to administer blood pressure assessments, utilizing
blood pressure cuffs.
* Monitors Breath Alcohol (BA) tests as needed and documents
* Monitors the facility to ensure it is maintained in a neat and
orderly manner and that all outside doors remain secured.
* Practices OSHA safety standards and disposes of biohazard waste
according to OSHA standards.
* Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and
counseling when needed.
* May assist in transporting admitted clients to hospitals,
aftercare or other approved services as directed by the Shift
Coordinator. Individual may be exposed to adverse weather
conditions during loading and unloading passengers.
* Effectively responds to the client needs and problems, initiates
and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone
calls, email and other requests.
* Adheres to all Jefferson Center Policies and Procedures.
Other Duties (Productivity Performance Measures, Professional
* Ensures Adverse Incident Reporting (AIR) procedures are followed
* Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda.
Reports high risk/problem cases using a problem solving approach as
well as feedback.
* Attends mandatory in-services, staff meetings, clinical
supervision, and on-line training as required.
* Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative
* Participates in staff development activities that enhance
* Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the
people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with
the recovery process and reduces the possibility of
* Participates in the Center's training/educational programs
designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the
impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
* Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of
trauma informed care and the principles of addiction treatment.
* Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers,
peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general
public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and
* Corporate Compliance including documentation on practice in
accordance with regulatory requirements and clinical
* Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and
spirit of cooperation in
the work environment.
* Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs
of the clients.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
High school diploma or equivalent, and CAC I required. Six months
work experience in behavioral health or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Current CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within six
months of hire.
Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving record that meets
Registration in the State of Colorado DORA database within 90 days
of hire as one of the following approved Addiction Counselor
designations: Unlicensed Psychotherapist, Certified Addiction
Counselor, or Licensed Addiction Counselor.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Addiction Technician I, Professions , Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!