Company: Post River North
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Location: Denver, Colorado, 80002, United StatesJob ID: Position
Title: Maintenance SupervisorCompany Name: Post River North
The Service Manager reports to a Property Manager and ensures
apartment units and facilities for an assigned apartment community
(280 to 439 units) are in good working order and maintained to
standards for MAA. Primary responsibilities include coordinating
the maintenance team to ensure the repair and maintenance of
property facilities and apartment units; prompt and courteous
responses to service requests; an adequate supply of market ready
apartments to meet leasing demand; property appearance which meets
or exceeds standards. The Service Manager assists with hiring,
training, and developing assigned staff which may include painters
and/or landscaping staff.
As a property team member on-site, the successful candidate will
embody and work to reinforce MAA's Core Values throughout all
aspects of MAA. Those values include:
* Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
* Communicating openly and with integrity
* Embracing opportunities
* Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervises and coordinates on-site maintenance staff, including
hiring, training, and coaching. May oversee the landscape and
housekeeping functions of the property.
* Receives, organizes, and prioritizes maintenance work orders.
Performs services as requested by residents or preventative
maintenance as required to keep equipment operating
* Ensures that work orders are completed properly and promptly by
repairing or replacing equipment personally or by coordinating the
efforts of the maintenance team.
* Assists other maintenance staff with complex and/or labor
intensive work orders to ensure jobs are completed safely and
* Contacts and oversees vendors for work not performed in-house.
Inspects and approves contracted work completed.
* Develops and maintains preventive maintenance schedule and
assigns tasks for completion by maintenance staff.
* Coordinates service staff to ensure market-ready turns of vacant
apartment units to specifications as quickly as possible to meet
* Monitors and regularly inspects the property, apartment units,
landscape, and maintenance repairs for quality, readiness and
safety. Identifies and addresses needs for improvement, repair
and/or replacement. * Operates a motor vehicle.
* Keeps the maintenance shop clean, organized and in good working
order. May order necessary equipment, parts and supplies for the
community based upon the maintenance budget.
* Communicates and shares information with property and regional
management regarding overall property maintenance condition,
status, and staff. Ensures maintenance goals and objectives are
mutually understood and provides feedback. Ensures adherence to MAA
policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting
* Ensures the resolution of resident issues and complaints in
cooperation with the staff.
* Works on-call as required by MAA's 24-hour routine maintenance
* Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of
* High school diploma/GED and three to five years of experience in
facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required, or an
equivalent combination of experience and education
* HVAC experience required
* EPA Type II or III or Universal license required; CAMT is
required in Florida only
* Valid driver's license from the state of residence required
* Supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit repair
* General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of other
household appliances, lighting fixtures, and plumbing
* Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools for
repairs and maintenance
* Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of
the property to determine adherence to standards
* Supervisory and leadership skills to delegate and guide the work
activities of others
* Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally
and in writing
* Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet
* Customer service and problem-solving skills
* Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for
repair and maintenance of equipment
* Attention to details
* Basic computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or
Physical and Environmental Requirements
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects,
reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be
able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with
assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
* Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and
visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of
units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small
* While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily
works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather
conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
Visit to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Post River North, Denver , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!