Maintenance and Reliability Technician II (HVAC)
Company: AveXis Inc.
Posted on: July 13, 2019
OverviewReady to join a team committed to developing and
commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated
by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing
cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy
for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the
midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate
individuals to join us on this important mission.AveXis, a Novartis
company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel
treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening
neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary
gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for
the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to
developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other
novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett
syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused
by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.AveXis is
seeking a Maintenance and Reliability Technician II to perform all
maintenance functions on production and facilities equipment for
our Manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include routine
inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts
on machines and related equipment. All work to be performed
ensuring good workmanship with minimum delay.Responsibilities
- Ability to maintain and operate refrigeration compressors for
- This position requires a current Universal EPA
- Environmental Rooms covers cold-rooms, multi-temp rooms such as
4-35 deg rooms, walk-in freezers, etc.
- Install, repair, and replace systems and components for
refrigerators, freezers, process chillers, environmental rooms, and
- Proficient in maintaining and operation of blast freezers for
storage and productions operations.
- Can evaluate operating parameters of refrigeration plant and
make adjustments as needed.
- Operates, monitors, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs
refrigeration equipment and all associated valves, piping and
- Experience in Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs).
- Reads electrical diagrams, evaluates, troubleshoots and solves
- Performs periodic tests of Refrigeration Detection Alarm
- Monitors water chemistry of evaporative condenser units and
adjusts chemical feeds to meet optimum operational limits.
- Coordinates and assists outside contractors performing services
to the refrigeration system equipment.
- Complete work requests for preventive maintenance and repairs
to refrigeration systems.
- Ability to work in wide temperature range and climate
- Support the safe and effective operation of the plant and the
- 3 years of Refrigeration experience
- Good understanding of GMPs with experience in pharmaceutical
- Proficient in using personal computers and a working knowledge
of software such as MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to analyze, investigate and help solve equipment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as
- Ability to work with very minimum supervision.
- Must have a good attitude regarding safety and lock out
- Read and understand mechanical and assembly drawings,
hydraulic/pneumatic, and electrical schematics.
- Read and understand P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Availability to work on shift if needed.The level of this
position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. AveXis is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or
veteran status. #LI-RL1
Keywords: AveXis Inc., Denver , Maintenance and Reliability Technician II (HVAC), Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!