Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Job TitleChief EngineerJob Description SummaryChief Engineer is
responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff,
managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality
work and customer service as well as the administration of the
engineering department in alignment with the management team, the
C&W engineering platform, and client expectations. The Chief
Engineer will perform at the highest of ethical standards,
reflecting the core values of C&W as defined in its Business
Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related
company policies. Responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and
supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications,
energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned
properties. The Chief Engineer may be required to perform limited
hands on operational duties and is not precluded from performing
Watch Activity.Job Description
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring,
training, personnel development, etc.
• Ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team
members through established HR processes and disciplinary
• Participate and coordinate annual scheduling and execution of the
C&W Safety Program as directed by Asset Services, Engineering
Leadership, EH&S Administration, and so forth. Responsible for
100% Compliance at his/her site.
• Manage operational accounts for building, including variance
reporting, as required and assist in development of operating and
• Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost,
reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as
directed by Management and/or Leadership.
• Conduct regular inspections of building systems and equipment;
identify and resolve issues.
• Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
• Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance
programs on an ongoing basis.
• Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and
predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and
performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual,
quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by
the manufacturers recommendations and/or industry best
• Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and
safety procedure manuals.
• Coordinate development of and/or maintain an Operations Document
Library, including but not limited to construction plans,
structural plans, as-built drawings, MEP schedules, line diagrams
and schematics, equipment and operation manuals, start up and
commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
• Formulate and conduct building-related systems and equipment
• Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant
finish personnel, and engineers.
• Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety,
plumbing, HVAC, and electrical issues; must remain current with
latest HVAC technology trends.
• Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, clients, property
management, and vendors
• Develop specifications and assist in solicitation,
administration, execution and performance of maintenance/ repair
• May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management
• Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation,
equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
• Implement and administer inventory control programs, purchase
parts and supplies.
• Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government
agency, and company directives as relates to building
Duties are inclusive of approximately 50% operating engineer
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts;
may require shift work and/or on-call or stand-by duties
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Organization Skills
• Technical Proficiency
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• 7+ years of related work experience in a commercial property
setting or any similar combination of education or experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Vocational/Technical training certificate
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e.
Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
• Universal Technician for CFCs depending on market licensure
• Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding
budgets, budget variances and basic reporting as required by
• Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & WordCushman &
Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of
any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Denver , Chief Engineer, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!