Valve Technician/Shop Assistant
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job Title: Valve Technician/Shop Assistant
Location: Denver CO
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay: $20.00-$22.00/hr. DOE
Kelly Services is seeking a reliable and skilled Valve Tech/Shop
Assistant who will be primarily responsible for disassembling,
cleaning, assembling and inspecting all items that come through the
facility for reconditioning services.
The valve tech is a position for the machine shop and compressor
repair facility. The valve tech is responsible for disassembling,
assembling and inspecting all items that come through the facility
for reconditioning and prior to delivery to the customer with
guidance. The valve tech's responsible for maintaining a clean and
effective work area for disassembly, assembly, and inspection.
Additional facility maintenance may be required.
All incoming work requires initial inspection (with the use of
micrometers and calipers), disassembly, cleaning, documentation,
and organization of work.
Assembly of products requires a high level of attention to detail,
ability to read bill of materials and prints to verify accuracy of
assembly and parts and final documentation and inspection.
Additional responsibilities could include:
- The use of lathes, mills, lapping equipment, and other machine
shop equipment with the applicable skill set or training.
- Assistance in shipping and receiving department
- Assistance in other areas of the facility as required
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Follow directions both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail
- Assemble (disassembly) valves/packing cases correctly and in a
- Test all valves and packing cases according to company
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in company Lean and 5S initiatives
- Be available for overtime, weekends, and holidays on an as
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Perform cleaning, fitting, filing, tapping, reaming, blending,
polishing and aligning to ensure free action and proper operation
of movable parts
- Set-up and calibrate precision measuring equipment and measure
precision parts and assemblies to tolerances of +/- .001"
- Record data and complete inspection reports
- Use precision measuring instruments, gauging devices and
perform various quality inspection procedures including but not
limited to; dimensional verification, nondestructive testing, UT
and Megger Test
- Properly mark bearings during/after assembly
- Install and verify functionality of instrumentation
- Perform visual inspection of components, complete final
inspection reports, complete Certificate of Conformance reports and
release product for shipment
- Recognize defective parts
- Grind components as needed
- Demonstrate effective communication & leadership skills with
other shop employees
- Work closely with the other valve techs and shop supervisor to
ensure that parts with nonconformance issues are resolved in a
timely manner. Anticipated issues with a job are communicated in a
- Superficial deburring and cleaning in addition to "quick fix"
- Assume responsibility for quality and functionality of parts
- Participate in daily reviews of workflow and continuous
- Use of cleaning equipment (i.e. Sand blasters, parts washers,
shot blaster, etc.), lapping machines, hand tools, pneumatic
- Lathe and mill machining with applicable skill set (not
EDUCATIONAL, PHYSICAL, AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Direct experience and/or training in reciprocating compressors
- Manual machining experience a plus
- Ability to work and/or stand for 8 hours
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- SAFETY AND PPE HIGH PRIORITY THROUGHOUT THIS FACILITY
Qualified candidates should email resume and references for
consideration to email@example.com.
Kelly Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting
edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world
have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And
engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and
professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or
prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore
opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in
connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Denver , Valve Technician/Shop Assistant, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!