Company: Woodruff Sawyer
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Woodruff Sawyer is looking for Benefits Analyst who will help
support our data analytics department and benefit teams. If you
would like to play a key role in supporting a growing business by
helping to level up our data analytics department and better
support internal and external clients then this is the opportunity
Who We Are:
You may not have heard of Woodruff Sawyer unless your job has been
to buy insurance, manage the risk of a high-profile technology
startup, secure benefits for a global biotech firm, or make sure
your three-generations-old construction company survives.
At Woodruff Sawyer, we are passionate about serving clients in a
way no one else in the commercial insurance industry can match. We
are unparalleled in customer satisfaction and retention rates,
which is one of the reasons we have been in business for over 100
As one of the largest independent insurance brokerage and
consulting firms in the U.S., Woodruff Sawyer protects the people
and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel
and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical
risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber
liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. We
provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it,
with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and
global reach on six continents. We have created a culture where
talented individuals can make a big impact. We are passionate about
what we do for our clients and we have created an environment where
our employees can grow and succeed both personally and
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will be responsible for marketing and renewal activity for
fully-insured and self-insured clients
- You will assist in discussion with Account teams to set
marketing objectives and assess risk to best present strategic
options to client.
- You shall direct marketing activities to ensure service model
timetables are met.
- You will Interprets marketing strategy and develops RFP to meet
- Be responsible for executing marketing instructions and
requests to carriers.
- You'll develop and maintain key relationships critical to the
sales process and negotiates with carrier contacts to seek
competitive options for clients.
- You will direct carriers throughout the sales process.
- You'll analyze proposals for both compliance and for desired
provisions that will meet our clients' needs.
- You will need to illustrate options and provide recommendations
to Account Managers and Account Executives.
- You'll log and review proposals and loads essential data into
- Upon analysis of proposals, you'll recommends a revised
strategy in response to marketing conditions.
- You shall evaluate, compare benefit plans, and market trend
data to develop specific recommendations to best support clients'
overall benefit strategy.
- You will review and compare cost information to meet common
goals and deliver high quality products and service to the
- You will participate in peer review process which includes
reviewing renewal documents, and presentations to ensure
information is free from typos, mistakes, errors before client
receives information. Addresses consistency, style, tone, format,
etc. Offer constructive feedback to generate a quality output.
- You will be responsible (with other Benefits Analysts) for
managing the fully-insured and self-insured financial monitoring
report process for Data Analytics department.
- You will help build and manage self-insured templates and
- You'll assist with building of ad-hoc templates, processes,
direction for the Data Analytics department.
- You will manage data delivery process with Data Analytics
- Establish key contacts and progression of data exchange
- You will review, manage and update claims trends for WS offices
- Gain ability and competency in marketing of self-insured lines
- You shall expand knowledge and abilities in following
- Medical, dental, and vision renewal
- Data Analytics department specific sales and marketing
- Ad-hoc template creation and maintenance
- Self-insured financial monitoring reports (FMR)
- Captive renewal calculations
- Demographic and census evaluation
- Stop loss marketing and analysis
- Pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) marketing management and
- Utilization review
- Network discount review
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years of career experience in
employee benefits, preferably with an insurance carrier and/or
- You have experience in working with organizations and/or
- You have experience with insurance plans for organizations.
- Experience in insurance company and/or consulting firm, or a
related industry is preferred.
- You have a bachelor's degree and may have an advanced degree in
a related field such as Health Care Administration, Risk
Management, or Underwriting/Financial Services.
Keywords: Woodruff Sawyer, Denver , Benefits Analyst, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!