Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects. Join our
Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over
41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking
fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG
advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles
in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District
of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best
drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled.
Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued
front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management
number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay,
great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night
and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Performs onsite and in route activities for assigned location in
relation to accepting, documenting, sorting, packaging and
arranging the disposal of home generated special materials
(hazardous and non-hazardous) as well as other related services
following federal, state & local regulations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Maintain a Safety First culture by complying with safety,
environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
- Collection, transportation, packaging and storage of Home
Generated Special Materials, hazardous and non-hazardous materials
from customer location to warehouse that may include
manifesting/BOL and physically loading/unloading of bulk and drum
- Ensure compliance with local and government regulations by
reviewing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve issues
- Maintain housekeeping and maintenance of company vehicles,
ensuring compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Safe and compliant operation of forklift; safely operate
vehicle on collection routes per DOT regulations and WM
- Loads/unloads vehicles at WM and vendor/customer sites.
- Perform warehouse and other operations related duties as
- Complete daily paperwork, shipping documents, and data entry
accurately.III. Supervisory Responsibilities
No supervisory responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None Required.
- Experience: One (1) year experience of safe operation of
commercial vehicles. Segregation, packaging and management of a
variety of materials including consumer products (chemicals,
universal materials, electronics).B. Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial driver license with HazMat and Air Brakes
Endorsement.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to work with participants and understand variations
between programs. Excellent driving skills, an awareness of good
safety practices. Demonstrated ability to follow instructions,
policies, procedures and able to make judgments based upon training
and experience. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Effective and concise communication
- Adept decision making
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to
- Technically proficient to use a "smartphone" for data input and
- Basic computer skillsV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater
than __ pounds as part of the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne
particles, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, moderate noise, weather extremes or similar elements
most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job includes driving routes making
collections from customers, climbing onto and off vehicles,
transporting materials to recycling/disposal facilities, in the
warehouse managing wastes, or in office completing
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the
legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform
physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or
without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the
position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Denver , CDL Driver, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!