Maintenance Engineer IV
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Exciting, challenging, and technologically advanced. That
description applies equally to Denver, and the Premier TV channel
in Denver, Denver7. The technology operations department at Denver7
has many high-profile technologically advanced projects running
this year. Want to help us with these? Join us and be a part of a
growing and forward thinking organization. We are looking for an
experienced engineer to help build and maintain to build and
maintain our new and existing broadcast, IT, and digital systems.
Come and join a winning team.
The Maintenance Engineer III works under the direction of the
Director of Engineering to provide preventative maintenance and
emergency repairs, and install of video, audio and radio frequency
(RF) systems, including satellite and ENG Microwave equipment.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and emergency repairs
of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including
satellite and ENG Microwave equipment.
- Drive set-up and operation of a Electronic News Gathering (ENG)
truck complete with audio, video and RF equipment.
- Maintain truck logs and records as required by law
- Install and maintain video, audio, RF and computer equipment.
These systems include analog and digital transmitter systems, ENG
microwave systems, and of all broadcast equipment including, but
are not limited to studio camera and switching systems, video
monitors and technical measurement devices, video file servers and
automation systems, electronic graphic systems.
- Maintain and operate all studio electronic equipment.
- Install new and used IT & broadcast equipment.
- Maintain and repair news bureau equipment, ENG equipment, ENG
vans and SNG truck, satellite dishes and related equipment.
- Assist in and propose the design of any improvements to our
- Provide support and implement improvements to digital media
- Provide support and implement improvements to media workflow
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- Must have two years of college or technical school; majoring in
electronics or a related field.
- Must have 5 years of broadcast TV maintenance preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking and broadcast
- 3-5 years of studio and transmitter maintenance experience
- Digital facilities experience is required.
- A valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) desired.
- FCC General Radiotelephone License or Restricted Radiotelephone
Operator Permit desired.
- FCC General Class license or SBE Certification desired.
Skills & Abilities:
- RF (Radio Frequency) and transmitter experience a plus. CAD
experience a plus.
- Must be a senior technician or paraprofessional highly
experienced with a similar level of responsibility.
- Ability to resolve complex problems not covered by existing
procedures or practices independently.
- Must have knowledge of FCC rules. The use of test equipment and
soldering skills required.
- Ability to guide and coach colleagues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with departmental and
station personnel as required.
- Ability to work independently under timeline to achieve
departmental and station goals.
- Must be able to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and
- Ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work with microwave, transmitters and
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with others.
Work Environment/Additional Requirements:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including able to work
multiple days, holidays, evenings, weekends, and possible overtime
hours as needed. Availability to travel over multiple days is
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In
addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and
businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and
digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one
of the nations largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs
an expanding collection of local and national journalism and
content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national
news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and
fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and
Laff. Scripps produces original programming including Pickler &
Ben, runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in
Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps
National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for
decades to the motto, Give light and the people will find their own
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Denver , Maintenance Engineer IV, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!