Building Energy Engineer
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: June 13, 2019
At McKinstry, we re proud to be a collective group of innovators
and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students.
We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that
empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering
and construction are revolutionizing the built environment and if
you re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful
relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may
be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the
ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience
are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true
consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our
clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this,
we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here\'s where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Energy Engineer to join our team as a
member of our growing Colorado Energy division.
You\'re great at:
* Quantifies facility improvement measures including electrical,
mechanical, control, water, wastewater, envelope, solid waste,
irrigation, and lighting systems.
* Performs calculations using modeling software, spreadsheets and
utility calculation tools.
* Performs schematic design for building mechanical and lighting
systems including drawings and layout and written design
* Develops Key Performance Indicators for projects.
* Coordinate facility site visits and communicate with outside
* Coordinate with Design team to measure feasibility, basis of
design and scope of work development.
* Provide technical assistance to the sales team in developing
overall projects in a strategic manner.
* Facilitate and structure Project Risk Reviews for Energy
Calculations prior to presenting ROM or Final savings.
What we would like to see from you:
* Bachelor s Degree required.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint
* Understanding of Energy Services Performance Contracting
* Industry calculation methods including degree-day method, bin
method, hourly simulation, lighting, affinity laws, and electrical
load and power calculations required.
* Previous Energy Auditor, Commissioning, HVAC design or building
controls experience preferred.
* 2 (two) years of mechanical or electrical design experience
* CEM, PE, LEED, CPM professional designations preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
* Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away
from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital
status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other
basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through
recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been
the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity
is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Denver , Building Energy Engineer, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!