Installer/ Sewing Machine Operator
Company: MERRITT TRAILERS INC
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Job Description Operate sewing machine to join, gather, hem, reinforce, or decorate tarps and install by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Operate machinery used in the production process
- Place spool of thread on spindle of machine and draw thread through machine guides, tension, and eye of needle. --
- Insert bobbin into shuttle and draw thread through slot in shuttle wall, or draw thread through guide and looper eye. --
- Press knee lever, depress pedal, or move hand lever to raise presser foot or spread feed cups. --
- Position parts to be joined under presser foot and needle and lower presser foot. --
- Start, stop, and control speed of machine with pedal or knee lever. --
- Guide parts under needle following edges, seams, guides on machine bed or markings on part. --
- Observe stitching to detect defects and notify supervisor or Sewing Machine Repairer when defects are caused by machine malfunction. --
- Select sewing supplies such as binding, braid, cord, piping, tape, thread, welt, velcro or rope, according to specifications or color of material. --
- Cut excess thread or material. Oil machine.
- Ability to work with hands for long periods of time.
- Provide a high level of attention to detail and focus on a given task.
- Assemble items as instructed.
- Lift raw materials, final products, manually, or using hoist.
- Install finished tarps onto end dump and grain trailers. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
- 6+ months of welding experience
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure accurately
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to write simple correspondence, and effectively present information in one-on-one and/or small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
- Ability to problem solve Attendance and dependability are essential job functions, you must report to work on time and accurately complete the daily duties assigned.
Keywords: MERRITT TRAILERS INC, Denver , Installer/ Sewing Machine Operator, Professions , Henderson, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!