Electrician - Instrumentation Technician
Company: Metro Wastewater Reclamation District (CO)
Posted on: February 15, 2019
General Statement/ Organizational Responsibilities Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, CO - a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for the majority of the Denver Metro area. Performs skilled work in the maintenance, repair, and the installation of electrical, electronic, and pneumatic equipment and instruments; computer systems and related controls. Provides functional leadershp when necessary. Works under the direction of a supervisor. Typical Duties
- Calibrates, programs, installs, troubleshoots and repairs electrical, electronic and pneumatic systems such as power distribution equipment, motors, motor controls, power supplies, sensors, alarms, telemetering equipment, HVAC systems, automatic sampling equipment, metering devices, computer hardware, and computer periphery equipment.
- Works with logic programs and creates PLC projects from start to finish. Including testing, installation, wiring, conduit, enclosures and panel building. Troubleshoots PLC issues to determine causes of errors and resolve issues.
- Builds and installs control devices such as actuators, variable frequency drives, distributed control systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, designs low voltage (Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots different communication networks including, but not limited to Ethernet, control net, device net, profibus, Modbus, and hart.
- Designs, configures, calibrates, repairs, and monitors telemetry devices including antennas, lighting protection, and radio devices. Performs predictive maintenance and repairs devices on site.
- Engineers electrical systems, including but not limited to switch gear, panel boards, transformers, feeder and branch circuits.
- Designs layout work on panels; sets up complex control systems; interprets and alters drawings, wiring diagrams, and blueprints. Works from complex engineering drawings to complete projects and assigned work. Performs related computer duties such as minor programming, logic or control changes, and system updates.
- Assists with on the job training of Electrical Journeyman Trainees for specialized areas.
- Performs other related duties as required. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications Graduation from high school and four years of relevant experience. Certified as Journeyman/Master Electrician. International Society of Automation (ISA) Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) Level I certification or an additional year of experience. Knowledge of standard practices, principles, methods, materials and tools used in the electrical, solid-state electronic and pneumatic instrument trades. Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and the hazards and safety precautions peculiar to the electrical trade. Knowledge of engineer control systems including, but not limited to PLC, DC's, and relay logic and dashboards. Knowledge of P&ID, loop drawings, and control schematics. Ability to organize and coordinate work assignments. Good verbal and written communication skills.. Desired Qualifications Certified as Journeyman/Master Electrician. International Society of Automation (ISA) Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) Level I certification. Advanced education in fields related to the job (electrical, electronic, pneumatic systems, leadership training). Working Conditions Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock more than 2/3 of the time. The employee is exposed to work with explosives 1/3 to 2/3 of the time; and to work in high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration less than 1/3 of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell more than 2/3 of the time. The employee is required to climb or balance 1/3 to 2/3 of the time. The employee is required to walk or sit less than 1/3 of the time. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds more than 2/3 of the time; up to 50 pounds 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and more than 100 pounds less than 1/3 of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Metro Wastewater Reclamation District offers a wide range of employee benefits. Read more about our organization. 01 Can you demonstrate proven knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems?
- Yes, I possess knowledge of both
- yes, I possess knowledge of electrical - not hydraulic
- Yes, I possess knowledge of hydraulic - not electrical
- No I do not have knowledge of these areas 02 Have you completed a four year apprenticeship program and/or graduated from a trade school in a related field?
- Yes I have completed both
- Yes, I completed a 4-yr Apprenticeship in a related field
- Yes, I have graduated from a Trade School in related field
- No 03 Please indicate your highest level of education attained.
- High School or Diploma or GED
- Some College
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree or higher 04 In what discipline(s) did you major for any degrees attained? (or N/A) 05 A minimum qualification of this position is four years of experience in electrical and instrumentation maintenance of industrial electrical, electronic, pneumatic equipment. Do you meet this minimum qualification?
- No 06 Do you have experience and/or training in water/wastewater treatment plant maintenance?
- No 07 Are you Certified as a Journeyman/Master Electrician?
- No 08 Do you possess any active certifications from the International Society of Automation (ISA) such as Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) Level I certification?
- No 09 Have you completed any advanced education in fields related to the job (electrical, electronic, pneumatic systems, leadership training)?
- No * Required Question Agency Metro Wastewater Reclamation District (CO) Phone Website Address 6450 York Street Denver, Colorado, 80229
Keywords: Metro Wastewater Reclamation District (CO), Denver , Electrician - Instrumentation Technician, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!