Large Loss Claims Consultant
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Large Loss Claims Consultant
At OneBeacon, when there's a claim, experience makes all the difference. It's the experience of the people handling the claim and the experience clients have in the process that makes OneBeacon truly stand out. We are currently seeking a Large Loss Claims Consultant to join our P&C Liability team. This position can sit in our Plymouth, MN or Denver, CO office. The Large Loss Claims Consultant is responsible for handling and resolving complex, highly specialized claims, often involving litigation. Within company guidelines, the Claims Consultant makes appropriate recommendations to management on coverage and settlement. In addition, this position is responsible for supporting the business partner through excellent communication and educations about specific claims.
Makes timely and appropriate contacts and completes appropriate level of investigation to make determination of coverage, liability and damages for very complex and specialized claims. Determines coverage, drafts coverage correspondence, responds to coverage questions raised by insureds and others. Determines exposure, establishes adequate reserves and makes timely adjustments as required. Selects, assigns and directs activities of internal and external resources as required; including independent adjusters, appraisers and attorneys. Identifies questionable claims and consults with SIU for further direction as appropriate. Determines settlement value of the loss and negotiates proper settlement of claims within authority. Provides recommendations for settlement and disposition of claims exceeding authority level. Documents clearly and concisely all relevant activity on assigned files and makes recommendations for additional activity as appropriate. Communicates as needed with underwriting business partners regarding claims trends and legal climate. Provides expertise and insight as requested relative to needed coverage changes or enhancements. Maintains a strong professional knowledge of regulatory and legal environments and applies this information effectively. Stays abreast of state license requirements and participates in continuing education as required. Will coach or train less experienced claim representatives. Develops and leads technical training and provides guidance to other departments within the organization, as needed.
- Must possess high level skills and extensive claims technical knowledge including products and industry. Legal climate background is essential for associated business unit.
- Must have superior analytical, negotiation, decision making, problem solving, organizational and presentation skills. Must be a proven self-starter with strong multi-tasking and relationship management skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively including expert oral, written and listening skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and have the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy, and provide follow-through on projects.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidential information. Must be able to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office suite and other Claims tracking tools.
- Must maintain strong professional knowledge of industry trends, legislative issues and the marketplace for associated line of business.
- Must be able to act as coach and mentor or junior members of the department.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. JD preferred.
- 7-10 years of progressively more complex, specialized claims handling experience.
OneBeacon Insurance Group focuses on the unique risks faced by certain industry groups that we believe would benefit from specialized expertise, tailored products and an intense commitment to service. At OneBeacon, we believe that specialized expertise matters. Through our underwriting companies, we offer a broad range of specialty insurance products and services sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each OneBeacon business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment they know well.
Denver CO, Plymouth MN
Keywords: OneBeacon, Denver , Large Loss Claims Consultant, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!