Company: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Overview Responsible for assisting in preparation of estimates in areas of concrete paving for highways, heavy civil and highway bridge projects. Other estimates could include commercial buildings (concrete portions of office buildings, parking structures, wastewater treatment plants and other builds). This position will work closely with other Estimators, Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, Project Managers, Accounting and the Chief Estimator. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement of this position as well as meticulous attention to detail. Responsibilities The Estimator essential Duties and Responsibilities are listed below:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Proficiently prepare estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour and equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work.
- Review/research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Incorporate historical data into unit and man-hour figures.
- Actively participate in developing bid package estimate documents.
- Proficiently maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Create, send and manage subcontractor requests for proposal.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring materials, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college, technical school or university in Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of 3-6 years of heavy civil, heavy highway, OR concrete commercial estimating experience
- A minimum of 3-6 years of reading (in English) and analyzing and responding to engineering drawings, technical plans, purchase orders, and contracts.
- A minimum of 3-6 years of responding to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- A minimum of 3-6 years of presenting information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Signiant amount of knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and calculate mathematical extensions. Also, good knowledge of geometric formulas and equations are required to calculate area, volume, etc. in performing take-offs.
- A minimum of 3-6 years of defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Exceptional understanding of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- Excellent knowledge of Estimating & Scheduling software; Internet and Project Management software; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Keywords: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction, Denver , Estimator, Construction, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!