Sr. Construction Lead
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Construction Assistant Project Manager
WeWork operates a vertically integrated real-estate, design, construction and building operations group. We strive to create places where people make a life not just a living, by re-imagining how people live and work. Our Construction team strives to pursue that mission by saving cost and time, increasing quality, and reducing the environmental impact of construction through the advancement of materials, processes, assemblies, and products.
We are looking for a Construction Assistant Project Manager to serve as a support for project execution from start to finish. As a member of the construction team, the successful candidate will work with a project team (including peers in Cost Management, Operations, Construction Technology, and Project Management) to support all efforts that go into building a WeWork space. The focus of the Construction Assistant Project Manager role is to implement innovative construction techniques and exceptional project execution strategy on new WeWork locations, from Project Kickoff until Closeout. Construction Assistant Project Managers at WeWork are expected to be excellent risk-assessors and communicators.
Achieve objectives and key results as determined by Development for the following:
- Reduce total project cost
- Participate in launching site technology platforms for robotics, resource tracking, lean planning, and committed cost tracking
- Drive adoption of our project management technology platform among team members and trades
- Increase product quality by leveraging data dashboards to reduce Handover deficiency resolution time and volume
Construction Assistant Project Managers are expected to support the facilitation and implementation of new construction innovations into projects. Innovations include:
- Reality Capture
- Design Rationalization and Automation
- Building Information Modeling
- Project Management Software
- Rapid Positioning Systems
- Modular Design
- Labor Force Optimization
Project Execution Planning
Construction Assistant Project Managers are responsible for supporting all aspects of WeWork projects from site selection to operations. The core competencies of the CAPM include:
- Liaise with legal team to select, review, and issue contracts and/or work-orders to external trade partners or subcontractors
- Host kickoff meetings with the internal team, consultants, and trade partners to ensure that everyone understands and follows the Project Execution Plan
Construction Assistant Project Managers are expected to assist in the collection of construction data for use in Cost Management. You will provide information on Site Logistics (such as staging and equipment), construction labor resources, and potential scope change to assist cost managers with optimizing project budgets.
- Major Equipment needs identified and budgeted with Superintendent
- Work with the Superintendent to develop a timely buyout plan
- Manage bidding, subcontract scope of work, and pricing of subcontractor change orders
- Review time sheets, work orders, daily reports and invoice approvals in collaboration with the Superintendent
Construction Assistant Project Managers are expected to facilitate the review of project scope with design teams (both internally and externally) to ensure an acceptable level of coordination is achieved before installation. Analysis includes a thorough understanding of construction documentation, requests for information (RFIs), and submittals.
- Due Diligence
- Site limitations
- Unique costs
- Schedule concerns
- Scoping of projects
- Requests for Information (RFIs)
Works with the assistants to process timely RFIs to the design team to clarify construction documents
- Works with Superintendent to develop a submittal schedule
- Review all drawings and specifications included with subcontractor submittals
- Resolves problems as they arise regarding plans or specifications, conflicts with the architect, engineer, clients and subcontractors and documentation of all corrections, changes, requests, unknown existing conditions and conflicts with a can-do attitude
Construction Assistant Project Managers are expected to coordinate construction site activity with the goal of achieving the delivery milestones set forth in the project schedule. You will work with Construction Superintendents, Art & Graphics, Sourcing, Real Estate, suppliers, and trade partners to ensure regular and on-time delivery of the necessary materials and equipment to complete projects.
- Coordinate with the Sourcing and Real Estate teams for delivery of exterior building signage
- Coordinate buy out for direct-hire and subcontractor work for the install of project scope, and supervise Construction Superintendents
Construction Assistant Project Managers are expected guide and implement a construction Schedule Master Plan with trade partners from the commencement of construction through Handover. You will work with Superintendents to ensure that Work Plans are developed and Progress Tracked toward the completion project scope (with special care given to priority items), to achieve project schedule milestones.
- Schedule Master Plan
- Conduct Pull Planning sessions to coordinate Priority Scheduling for critical path items with subcontractors
- Schedule and direct inspections with authorities or agencies having jurisdiction
- Weekly Work Plan
- Hold regularly scheduled weekly coordination meetings and pre-start conferences
- Monitor and update the project team weekly on the work plan forecast for trade partners
- Progress Tracking
Update the Schedule Master Plan once weekly indicating Planned vs. Actual start and end dates, and circulate to the project team for review
Ensure that responsibilities are classified and assigned with due dates in the project execution platform
- Ensure that participants resolve assignments in a timely manner in the project execution platform
- Evaluate potential schedule risks and provide delay recovery plans when necessary
Construction Assistant Project Managers are expected to assist in the delivery of a fully-commissioned, substantially complete, and clean WeWork Product to our Community team. You will work to ensure that a smooth handover is achieved and documented before Opening Day.
- Facilitate commissioning with third-party commissioning agents (for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems)
- Ensure Substantial Completion is reached for complete and safe operation of core business function of spaces before opening day
- Ensure that Keys, Supplies, Manuals & Warranties are collected and distributed before opening day
- Ensure final Cleaning is provided before opening day
- Ensure that the Punch List is closed out before opening day
- Achieve Handover Sign-off in collaboration with the Facilities team
- Provide Property On-boarding support during the project start-up period
Construction Assistant Project Managers are expected to assist in final closeout of completed projects. You will collaborate with Project Managers to ensure receipt of the necessary financial, regulatory, and building utility documentation for use by other departments.
- Deliver financial documentation including final change orders, final lien waivers, signed affidavits, and certificates of practical completion (where required).
- Deliver regulatory documentation required by the project (certificates of occupancy, elevators, environmental quality, inspections, permits, site surveys, utilities, violations, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or equivalent (Masters Degree preferred)
- 2+ years experience as a Construction Assistant Project Manager (Design-Build experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of construction documents
- Effective leader that can apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions
- Proactive at communicating change and evaluating risk
- Bluebeam, Fieldlens, and Smartsheets experience preferred (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of all crafts (ability to read and understand specifications for all trades), and prior experience as foreman or journeyman in at least one trade, or project engineer
Keywords: WeWork, Denver , Sr. Construction Lead, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!