Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job: Electronics Technician
Location: Longmont CO
Duration: Temp to hire
Pay: $19-$24/hr DOE
Kelly Services is seeking a talented Technician for our customer in Longmont CO.Candidates will need to be skilled Electronics Technicians with the desire to learn and contribute daily.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; however other duties may be assigned.
- Perform manufacturing and production activities according to NASA/IPC space standards in the areas of: mechanical and electrical assembly, soldering, resistance welding, insulative coating, epoxy application, crimping and wire harness assembly.
- Works well with fellow team members, under minimal supervision, and can take work direction from lead or senior technicians as required.
- Understands and utilizes electronic management systems for data storage and program documentation retrieval.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and work effectively with mechanical drawings and documentation including bills of materials, assembly drawings, work instructions, and equipment travelers.
- Experience in working in clean room environments, under ESD protections, and stored energy safe practices.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. for one to several weeks at a time.
- Capacity to become certified and maintain certification in NASA standards for Soldering, Cable, Polymeric applications.
- Becomes trained and certified in eight or more corporate work Instructions.
- Understands and implements aerospace best practices, meets quality requirements, and space-flight work habits.
- Understand personal limitations and when to stop and ask for assistance.
- Experience in maintaining documents in a timely manner to capture the status of work in progress.
- Ability to contribute information for operating procedures to prepare equipment and hardware for product processing.
- Demonstrates proper use and care of tools and equipment, ensures equipment is well maintained and ready for use, and flags any tools for disposition that is not.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of work space.
- Escalate issues that are outside their authority, competence or scope.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to Lead Technician or Manager.
- Report any variations from the established plan to the Lead Technician or Manager in a timely manner.
- Communicates well with fellow peers within quality and production ranks, both verbally and in written form.
- Initiate non-conformance reports with support from manager/lead technician.
- Ability to generate in-house process rework instructions. Provides advice and feedback on any necessary corrective actions.
- Assists Test technician in testing of hardware.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); 2-4 years related experience in aerospace or technical assembly field.
This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager with daily work direction from the floor Lead Technician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to use VOMs and small hand tools, pull tester and spot welder.
- Soldering experience is required for this role.
- Experienced using Word (documentation) and Excel (spread sheets).
- Ability to trouble shoot during assembly.
- Understands and uses traceability requirements, Quality Systems and MRB processes.
- Ability to fabricate small "shop aids".
- Understanding of common customer requirements and how they drive design features.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., kneel, crouch, bend, and twist.
Accreditation, Certificates, License:
None required. IPC J-STD-001ES (Space Addendum) and NASA Standards (8739.1, 8739.3, 8739.4) preferred, but must be able to certify to NASA and IPC Standards in polymerics, soldering, and wiring. Includes the ability to meet the minimum Far, Near and Color vision requirements of the NASA STD 8739 manufacturing series. Vision requirements may be met with corrected vision.
Qualified candidates should email resume and references for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelly Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Denver , Electronics Technician, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!