Surgery Technician III - Generous sign-on bonus available for experienced Surgical Technician
Company: Swedish Medical Center
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Swedish Medical Center
CV/Cardiovascular Experience strongly preferred
Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma Center in South Denver: Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado, part of HealthONE, serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for neurotrauma and as the region's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, a recognized leader in the most advanced stroke care. Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty and is an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award and a Top 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters. An acute care hospital with 368 licensed beds, Swedish is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 100 years. Annually, Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,300 physicians. At Swedish Medical Center, our staff is at the heart of delivering on our promise of Swedish Memorable Care. As a respected medical provider, Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medial specialty. Recognized by the patients we treat every day, we are a four-time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award. Centers of Excellence Swedish, a Level I Trauma Center, offers eight distinct centers of excellence: Bariatric Surgery Center, Cancer Care Center, Emergency Services, The Heart Center, Neurosciences, including The Stroke Center, Orthopedic Services, Spine Program, Trauma Center, Women and Children's Services.
Why Choose Swedish?
• We are one of Denver's Level I Trauma Centers
• We offer a multidisciplinary collaborative approach to learning in the OR
• 21 state-of-the-art operating rooms
• Center of Excellence for Neurosciences & Regional Neurotrauma Referral Center
• Support OR Nurses in attending annual AORN Conference and Expo
Our Service Lines:
• Trauma Surgery
• Neurosurgery including awake Deep Brain Stimulation
• General/Colon & Rectal Surgery
• Foregut/Esophageal Surgery
• Robotics (We offer the DaVinci Si robot)
• Regional leader in Cochlear implants
• Advanced ENT
• Facial Trauma/Maxilofacial
• Fully integrated, Swedish Orthopedic Center
• Burn and Reconstructive Center
The Surgical Technician III is responsible for demonstrating the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures performed in the department. The Surgery Technician is experienced in all aspects of aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment, and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases. The Surgery Technician is experienced in pulling cases as needed and breaking down cases at the end of the procedure. He/she is knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment, and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures. The Surgery Technician performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduation from an accredited program for Surgical Technician (required)
- Registration as a Surgical Technician by Colorado Division of Registration (DORA) (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- current CST Certified Surgical Technologist Certification (required)
- Two plus years of experience as a Surgery Technician. *Internal candidates are ineligible for sign-on bonuses.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: Swedish Medical Center, Denver , Surgery Technician III - Generous sign-on bonus available for experienced Surgical Technician, Professions , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!