Senior Maintenance Technician
Company: Equity Residential
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job DescriptionApply now to be a part of an exciting new acquisition in Downtown Denver! Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about. Our Senior Maintenance Technicians are a key part of each community’s success. They are our repair leaders who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community and provide guidance and training to other maintenance professionals. From HVAC to plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, Senior Maintenance Technicians have a hand in every apartment and every resident’s satisfaction. Senior Maintenance Technicians are personable, multi-talented, technically skilled individuals with a passion for fixing things and a keen eye for detail. As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you will work with one of our top property management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and respond to maintenance issues, develop a rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring for our community and making our apartments feel like home. WHO YOU ARE
- A Maintenance Whiz. You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and are quick to learn new skills.
- A Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
- Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
- Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
- Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know they matter.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly. WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Repair and enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for repairing and maintaining all plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs at the community.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
- Manage service requests. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
- Know the make-ready schedule. You’ll monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning and repairing.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal. REQUIREMENTS
- 1 years of hands-on general maintenance experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
- Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- HVAC experience
- EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal)
- Trade school and/or military training or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II) REWARDSWe recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here. Company DescriptionEquity Residential (NYSE: EQR) is an S&P 500 company focused on the acquisition, development and management of rental apartment properties in urban and high-density suburban coastal gateway markets where today’s affluent renters want to live, work and play. Equity Residential owns or has investments in 301 properties consisting of 77,034 apartment units, primarily located in Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., Seattle, San Francisco and Southern California. Our employees -- about 2,800 strong -- are really good at what they do, work hard and play nice, appreciate the community at large and value the contributions of others. At Equity, we take pride in providing a culture where employees can be themselves and be heard.We believe that a career path is too narrow of a journey - we want you to move up, over, around and through your potential. Come work with us and take the opportunity to make someone's day, every day. For more information on Equity Residential, please visit our website at www.equityresidential.com
Keywords: Equity Residential, Denver , Senior Maintenance Technician, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!