Maintenance Worker, Metro Denver - Community Corrections
Posted on: November 9, 2018
At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Maintenance Worker, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
* More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
* Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
* Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
* PTO & paid holidays.
* Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care! The Maintenance Worker, Community Corrections installs, maintains and repairs the facility's building structures and systems, including plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures, machinery, equipment, electronics, vehicles and grounds.
* Maintains and repairs physical structure of facility in keeping with safe and secure operations of the facility.
* Inspect machines and equipment to diagnose malfunctions. Dismantles defective or malfunctioning machines and equipment, installs new or repaired parts, and tests operation following repair.
* Performs preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment according to the preventative maintenance plan or as directed by supervisor. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other machinery.
* Inspects for items that could be used as contraband by residents. Provides for the secure storage, proper use and/or safe disposal of tools, supplies and equipment. Maintains inventory of all tools, and in proper working order.
* Completes work orders in accordance with company standards for workmanship and housekeeping and in compliance with building codes, blueprints, manuals and/or other applicable procedures, standards or specifications
High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required. Two years of experience in general maintenance or construction is required. Additional equivalent technical/trade school courses in a maintenance or construction related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. Knowledge of building construction and the operation of building systems is preferred. A valid driver's license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE- M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: CoreCivic, Denver , Maintenance Worker, Metro Denver - Community Corrections, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!