Cloud Architect - Remote in US
Posted on: April 11, 2018
HOSTING is looking for a Rockstar to join the Solution Architecture team. As a Cloud Architect, you will be helping customers and prospects understand complex application architectures and infrastructure design best practices with a focus on automation.
Along with Sales, HOSTING's Cloud Architects design highly scalable and resilient architectures that address customer's business problems and accelerates their continued transition to the cloud. As a trusted customer guide, this person will help our customers better understand best practices around sophisticated cloud designs and how to transition workloads to the cloud. Further, they will work with our customers in developing automation frameworks to assure availability of application workloads and DevOps practices are optimized.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a passion for educating and demonstrating the discrete technical aspects of public cloud offerings. The ability to analyze a customer's existing environment and utilize appropriate technology with correlated business value is critical to this position. This person must have a comprehensive understanding of architectural design principles and cloud computing solutions, ideally with past experience working as a systems engineer or architect on the AWS platform.
* Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
* Support the group of Cloud Solutions Executives and Account Managers as assigned by the Sr. Director of Solution Architecture.
* Ensure complete discovery and definition of customer application requirements; specify HOSTING and 3rd party public cloud services to meet customer requirements; provide detailed architectural diagrams in Visio to document proposed solution.
* You will be expected to continually assess optimal practices, and to collaboratively adapt team practices to improve the value we bring to our customers.
* Ensure accurate pricing of complex sales proposals & estimates.
* Maintain technical certifications as specified by the Sr. Director of Solution Architecture.
* Assist in customer presentations.
* You will be expected to formally and informally mentor other members of the Solution Architecture team.
* Assist in RFP responses.
* 5+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications, application DevOps delivery and/or systems architecture.
* Multiple successful customer engagements providing solution automation and continuous delivery solutions, preferably employing AWS.
* Embody the HOSTING core values of sharing, increasing software delivery speed, continuous improvement, and self-service.
* AWS Associate Certification Required (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate PLUS AWS Certified Developer - Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate).
* AWS Professional Certification Preferred (e.g. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional or AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional).
* Comfortable working solo or leading a team
* In-depth familiarity with complete suite of AWS Services, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions, including tools like CloudFormation, Code* Services, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, EC2, IAM, OpsWorks, Route 53, S3, RDS, SES and VPC.
* Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration practices and execution platforms such as CodeBuild or Jenkins.
* Frequent and comfortable use of configuration management automation tools such as Chef (or other such tools) in creating continuous delivery systems.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be self-motivated and flexible.
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Hosting.com, Denver, Cloud Architect - Remote in US, Professions, Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!