Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: March 14, 2018
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionEqual Opportunity Employer.
This positon ensures the proper maintenance, operation and cleanliness of the facility. It may oversee and instruct direct report employees in the maintenance, operation and cleanliness of the facility. Oversees and instructs residents who assist in cleaning and with minor repairs to the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, documents and corrects safety issues at assigned facility based on facility policies and procedures. Serves on the Companys Safety Committee.
- Ensures compliance with State and local fire, safety and Life Safety Codes, laws and regulations.
- Maintains the facility by providing cleaning services, ensuring correct materials, means and methods are used.
- Trains staff and/or residents in the proper use of materials and equipment to clean the facility and the appropriate dilution ration of cleaning chemicals or products.
- Maintains the facility by coordinating preventive maintenance, repairs, and new installations which many include the following:
- Carpentry work with door hardware, windows, walls, flooring, roofing, and any other work pertaining to wood/concrete/masonry structures.
- Plumbing and HVAC work with furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, instrument controls, piping, plumbing fixtures, and other related items.
- Electrical work with lighting fixtures, control switches and outlets, breakers, wiring, heaters, and any other related items.
- Electronics work with security system components such as cameras, recorders, electronic locks, and other related items.
- Light construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, work benches, etc., using precision hand tools and power tools.
- Mechanical work with facility machinery, kitchen appliances, laundry equipment, motors, and vehicles.
- Site work with parking lots, sidewalks, landscaping, and other related items.
- Maintain inventory of all major mechanical equipment to include; furnaces, boilers, RTUs, chillers, swamp coolers etc.
- Assigns work activities/projects to Maintenance/Cleaning Workers and/or Contractors for completion, monitoring the work is completed on time, within budget, safely, and the correct quality.
- Manages contractor work activities, including generating Requests For Proposal (RFPs), bidding scopes of work, reconciling quotes, monitoring work activity and completing effort close-out.
- Orders supplies and materials as needed by the facility as it relates to cleaning and maintenance.
- Prioritizes and schedules daily, all safety and repair and maintenance work for the facility and supervises residents for work detail.
- Documents all safety, repair and maintenance work as required.
- Documents and maintains a proper maintenance/construction tool inventory in addition to tool security, maintenance and storage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Denver, MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, Professions, Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!