Company: Shea Properties
Posted on: March 13, 2018
Job DescriptionShea Properties – Find Awesome.Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate. With a portfolio that includes 8,100 apartment units and 4.9 million square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and Washington—and an amazing pipeline of future projects—Shea Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea’s Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WORKWITHSHEA.com and follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.DescriptionThe Service (Maintenance) Technician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the apartment community in accordance with Shea Properties standards, policies and procedures. The Service Technician performs general and preventative maintenance repairs. Job Duties
- Follows all safety procedures and regulations
- Performs specific carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, masonry and other general maintenance duties in accordance with Company standards and local city, state and federal building codes when applicable. May repair/maintain various property emergency and security systems.
- Performs maintenance service requests (work orders) for the apartment community and completes related paper work in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance turnover work, using appropriate safety equipment.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance in accordance with the community’s preventative maintenance program.
- Under the direction of the Service Manager, organizes parts and materials required for maintenance service requests and plans maintenance work in advance to ensure efficient completion of all maintenance work.
- Assists in maintaining inventory by properly monitoring and recording inventory items.
- Maintains all storage facilities, equipment and the maintenance workshop in a neat and orderly working condition.
- Regularly provides information to the Property Management Staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the community.
- Retrieves and dispenses of any visible trash or garbage on the property in route to work assignments.
- Participates in on call maintenance.
- Provides and maintains his/ her own hand tools customarily used in the industry and building trades.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community. Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Perform maintenance related tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Operate hand tools.
- Knowledge of Safety procedures.
- Basic computer skills and be able to create and close out work orders preferred.**For Additional Details on Sign On Bonus - Please Apply**Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.EOE/M/F/D/VCompany DescriptionShea Properties, headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, is the multi-family and commercial development arm of JF Shea Company, Inc. Originally founded in 1969, Shea Properties has grown its portfolio of apartments, retail, office and industrial properties to approximately 8,500 apartment units and 5.6 million square feet of commercial space with an additional $1.2 billion in the development pipeline. Its portfolio is divided between Southern California, Northern California, Colorado and Washington. A STORIED PAST The history of the Shea family of companies began modestly enough in 1881 when founder John F. Shea established a small plumbing business in Portland, Oregon. From those humble beginnings his sons, and their sons after them, built the firm into one of the largest, privately held real estate development and construction companies in the nation. The company's legacy of milestone achievements includes the building of the diversion channels for the Hoover Dam, the foundations for the Golden Gate and Oakland Bay bridges, and the tunnels for San Francisco's Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system. Currently, JF Shea Construction is helping to build one of the largest desalination plants in the nation in Carlsbad, California, digging two tunnels under the streets of Manhattan for the New York City subway system, and was recently awarded the Los Angeles Metro LAX/Crenshaw light rail line. From its roots in heavy construction, the firm diversified into a family of companies that currently includes JF Shea Construction, Shea Homes, Trilogy Resort Communities, Shea Venture, Shea Mortgage, Redding, Reed Manufacturing, Bluestar and Shea Properties.We are a Smoke-Free company.
Keywords: Shea Properties, Denver, Service Technician, Professions, Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!