Company: TerumoBCT, Inc.
Posted on: March 12, 2018
Requisition ID: 11881
Works under general supervision operating and maintaining building systems including hydronic and plumbing systems. This role executes preventive and corrective maintenance of building systems.
* Performs preventive maintenance procedures on equipment within areas of responsibility with a high degree of quality and reliability.
* Systems include HVAC, hydronics, boilers, fire suppression, chillers, plumbing, water treatment, etc.
* Complete preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on building systems.
* Responsible for proper documentation of work orders related to equipment.
* Applies aptitude for mechanical repairs and consults with other technicians and engineers on any technical problem beyond ability.
* Implements corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems under the direction of the building systems engineer.
* Performs documentation and recordkeeping to meet regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA).
* Responds and executes work with a sense of urgency and utilizes support systems to minimize downtime.
* Comply with all safety and regulatory requirements.
* Performs all tasks in accordance with company and department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
* Ability to work holidays and weekends.
* Provides technical guidance, mentorship and training for lower level trades or facilities personnel in the maintenance of equipment, troubleshooting procedures, the use of the documentation system and scheduling.
* Ability to make technical troubleshooting decisions with limited supervisory input.
* Assists engineers, supervisors, project managers, and other trades associates by providing technical support to problem solving, new installations, and improvements or repairs to new or existing building systems.
* Inspects own work and the work of lower level trades associates and contractors for compliance to drawings, schematics, sketches, verbal instructions and regulatory requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May handle, collect, label and transfer hazardous waste following established procedures and guidelines.
* Requires ability to work any shift including nonstandard work hours, at any site, and or overtime to meet objectives and schedules.
* Must successfully complete training on biohazards.
* Retrieve parts and supplies from distributors off campus.
* Clean and organize (5S) maintenance areas.
* Understand lock out / tag out (LOTO) procedures including general concepts (stored energy, cause and effect, etc) related to electrical and mechanical energy.
* Escorts contractors/vendors for on campus activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum 3 -7 years experience.
* Ability to solder, braze, weld, thread, etc. piping of various typical system materials
* Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and maintain boiler systems.
* Requires a high degree of demonstrated leadership skills and good associate relation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* MUST HAVE Thorough knowledge and understanding of the International Plumbing Code
* Ability to comprehend, produce, and interpret drawings, schematics, sketches, or verbal instructions to accomplish objectives.
* Ability to effectively utilize available team members to support the work
* Requires expanded knowledge in facility piping equipment and systems.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Requires valid state of Colorado journeyman plumbing license
* Must possess a valid driver s license
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Keywords: TerumoBCT, Inc., Denver, Plumber/Pipefitter, Professions, Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!