Quality Receiving Technician I - 2nd Shift
Company: TerumoBCT, Inc.
Posted on: March 10, 2018
Requisition ID: 14121
Under general supervision from the RQA Supervisor, performs timely and accurate work on a range of manual inspections, First Article inspections and science projects in compliance with the Company and external regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Performs a range of standardized/routine inspections raw materials and parts using standard tools.
* Maintains and accurately follows protocols, procedures, and records inspection data.
* Identifies standard trends or problems and helps to resolve them.
* Performs standard tests/inspections and assists engineers, designers, or scientists in the simple design and building of tests protocols, test fixtures, prototypes, etc. commensurate with experience level.
* Assists senior level technicians and engineers in manufacturing projects and trains new technicians on inspections.
* Performs evaluation of customer-returned defective product.
* Completes product performance audits and qualification studies.
* Inspects production raw materials.
* Conducts first article inspections. Performs inspection sampling and maintains inspection records/documentation.
* Inspects samples to avoid nonconforming parts from reaching the production floor. Creates PDF s on non conforming product.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ability to drive a forklift or the ability to obtain a forklift license.
* Requires the ability to work overtime to meet business needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
WORK SCHEDULE: 2nd Shift 3:30pm 11:30pm
* Two year technical degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Course work in the following is preferred:
* Lab Sciences: math, chemistry, metrology, biology, physics, hematology, physiology, anatomy or related sciences.
* Equipment Development: hydraulics, electronics, mechanics, or related fields.
* Manufacturing Process: statistics, math or related engineering sciences.
* Software Development: electronics, computer programming or related fields.
* Data Entry/Analysis: math, physics, software or related sciences and/or fields.
* Possesses fundamental understanding of fluid flow and flow properties.
* Minimum 2 years experience.
* Experience in or capable of learning circuit card inspection.
* Requires practical experience with extrusion, molding and inspection of plastic parts.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Proven good problem solving skills.
* Good working knowledge of technical principles in assigned areas.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of statistical operations and analysis.
* Skills to understand and apply guidelines.
* Strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements and committed to continually learning and improving knowledge.
* Fundamental understanding of electronics, flow, temperature, conductivity, pressure, dimensional measurement, gravity, and torque.
* Use of metrology tools including coordinate measuring equipment, pin gauges, calipers, surface plate tools, and electronic diagnostic tools.
* Possesses a basic understanding of blood and blood components.
* Requires ability to read component specifications (drawings).
* Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
* Proficient in using manual inspection equipment: Calipers, Indicators, Micrometers.
* Working knowledge of: Smart Scopes, Comparator, Basic CMM functions CMM set up and perform manual measurements.
* Admin Functions: Corrective action request system, PDF second approvals and equipment returns, FAI system, Maintain expedite system.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* ASQ professional certification.
* Ability to obtain Certification for Quality Technician (CQT) and/or Certification for Mechanical Inspector (CMI).
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Manufacturing Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, and hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Must be able to maintain pace with the assembly line.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
* Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
* Requires the ability to bond using repetitive moderate force gripping.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health
Keywords: TerumoBCT, Inc., Denver, Quality Receiving Technician I - 2nd Shift, Professions, Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!