Veterinary Service Technician
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Patterson isn't just a place to work, it's a partner that cares
about your success. One of the distinguishing marks of our company
is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always
advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds
in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and
experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they
build a stronger and successful organization. Job Summary Provides
repair and on-site installation on a variety of Veterinary
equipment. Learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to
the operation, repair, maintenance and installation of equipment.
Essential Functions To perform this job successfully, an employee
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily,
with or without reasonable accommodation. To request a reasonable
accommodation, notify Human Resources or the manager who oversees
the position.Install, Maintain and/or Repair Veterinary
- Independently responds to assigned customer service calls,
diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
- Repairs, loads, delivers, installs, and specs equipment to meet
specific manufacturer, Federal and State regulations.
- Trains to perform standard system installations and tests the
functionality of all components.
- Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of equipment
at the customers site.
- Learns and follows specific manufacturer guidelines for repairs
as well as all company, OSHA, or other agencies' policies related
- Completes all required service forms (service order,
confirmations, inventory, expense reports, time sheet, and
equipment related items).
- Maintains strong and supportive customer relationships by
providing technical support after initial installation of
Equipment, PC software, and hardware and ensuring that service
commitments are met within standard response time.
- Maintain relevant communication with Service Coordinator,
Equipment Specialist and Territory Manager.Inventory Management
- Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to
adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment.
- Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
- Physical inventory audits on a bi-annual basisAsset Management
- Ensures proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving
habits are followed.
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of all company provided
assets, including but not limited to phone, computer, parts, tools
and uniforms. Job Qualifications Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-5 years prior experience in a Veterinary/Medical/Dental
- PC skills in Windows based programs
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving
- Strong customer service skills
- Motivated team player Preferred Qualifications
- At least 4 years of experience as a Certified, Licensed or
Registered Veterinary Technician will be considered.
- Previous X-Ray experience preferred
- SAP experience
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Carpentry/plumbing/heating/electrical/electronic related
- Technical training in Bio-med/electronics or related technical
field. Working Conditions Physical Demands
- Lifting or Carrying: Frequent to continuous heavy physical
activity - lifting up to 100 pounds
- Sitting or Standing: Light physical activity
- Use of Hands: Occasional or frequent moderate physical
- Climbing: Light physical activity
- Operating a computer or other office device (Laptop 1 hour per
- Talking or hearing "position involves frequent communication
with (customers, inside staff, etc.) and requires ability to
understand and effectively exchange accurate information"
- Reading or sight "requires frequent review of vendor contracts"
- Hazardous chemicals
- Biohazard materials or waste
- High voltage
- Confined spaces (if installation or maintenance typically
involves accessing wires in sub-floor crawlspace)
- This position requires traveling to customer locations and
providing services and support to customers. Travel and On-call
This position requires overnight travel. Compensation range $25.00
- $32.00/hr. The final offer amount would be based on various
factors such as candidate location (geographical labor market),
experience, and skills. What's In It For You: We provide
competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program. EEO Statement EOE, including
disability/vets. We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Keywords: Patterson, Denver , Veterinary Service Technician, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!