Posted on: September 19, 2023
The Technician Level II is responsible for fiber and/or free-space
laser system assembly and alignment in both manufacturing and
R&D settings. Main responsibilities include material inspection
and preparation, electrical, mechanical, and optical fiber
assembly, generating production test data, and preparing products
for shipment. This position is expected to have the ability to
follow documented assembly instructions to build complex laser
systems. Additionally, this position should be able to follow
documented instructions on the use of sensitive instruments and
tools to perform assembly tasks or measurements. The laser
technician is also responsible for performing root-cause analysis
and repair of non-conforming products based on written quality
procedures and with assistance from the engineering teams. Position
involves minimum travel. Pay range for this position is $24.00 -
$28.00 per hour.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited
- Build laser assemblies (fiber or free-space) according to
- Ability to utilize sensitive production equipment such as fiber
splicers and measurement instruments after training and according
to documented instructions.
- Handles and assembles intricate opto-mechanical components and
assemblies, including handling and mounting of fragile optics
and/or optical fibers
- Alignment of laser and laser accessory systems following
- Maintain data systems to record and report test results.
Understand and follow work instructions, engineering drawings, and
other material used for the production of complex systems involving
electronics, mechanical assemblies and fiber components.
- Perform incoming inspection for mechanical, electronic, and
fiber components utilizing standard inspection tools.
- Support R&D activities by building assemblies based on
engineering instructions and performing engineering-designed
- Follow cleanroom protocol.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback on procedures and
- Meet output and quality goals
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all
positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting Company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of
work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related
tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives
regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties
to this position.
The employee must grasp, manipulate, or assemble parts and
components that are often very small. As a result, they should have
a steady hand and good hand-eye coordination. Work might involve
sitting or standing for long durations and/or performing
repetitious work at times. Need to be able lift up to 25 lbs.
occasionally. Employee may encounter substances such as acetone and
epoxy. Work cells have the potential to be noisy at times.
- More than 2 years of experience assembling systems involving
optics, fiber optics, or electronics in production environment is
- Proficiency working with computers and Microsoft Office is
- High school diploma required. Further education or course-work
in a related field is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with optical fiber splicing.
- Familiarity with soldering and crimping for electrical
- Hands-on experience building laser or optical amplifier
- Hands-on experience using optical measurements instruments such
as power meters, optical spectrum analyzers, or beam profilers.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
individuals will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not
intended as and do not create employment contracts. The
organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees
can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law
Keywords: Thorlabs, Denver , Technician II, Professions , Lafayette, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!