Estimator- (Entry Level)- APC- Golden,CO
Posted on: May 28, 2023
-Job ID: - 482964APC Construction, a CRH Company, specializes in
aggregate mining, asphalt paving, construction material supply and
complete civil construction. APC and its valued employees are
recognized for their dedication to quality work, workforce
development, and compliance to stringent safety standards,
integrity and innovation. APC has always thought of its staff as
family and provides competitive wages, salaries and excellent
benefits!Position OverviewResearch various construction projects in
our markets by utilizing the internet, professional organizations,
periodicals, and other forums to facilitate APC bidding on projects
by and of out operating companies. Will distribute project
information to applicable representative from within our operating
companies to begin and aid in the solicitation and/or proposal
process. -Wage ranges from $60k to $75k- dependent on experience
-Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform related material takeoffs (mix specifications and rough
quantities) from plans and specifications at customers' locations
or from online services.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to take notes and relay information to
appropriate departments and personnel.
- Identify related materials within the specifications of
- Address customer inquiries or concerns related to APC products
and services. May be responsible for contacting the customer
directly for clarification of quotes, resolving issues or other
- Prepare verbal and/or written quotations of related materials
for bidding purposes, commercial projects, annual customer
requirements, state, county, and municipal requirements.
- Input quotes into appropriate computer systems using
information gathered and/or submitted by sales personnel.
- Track the projects quoted and follow-up on the sale of
- Assist and provide Quality Control Manager with required
information for the proper preparation of material certifications
for specific projects.
- And other duties as assigned.Qualifications To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disability to perform the essential functions.Education/Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in building materials/construction industry
- *Willing to train the right candidate*Work Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin
work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within a team environment and
assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
(less than 10% of the time).Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- Ability to read blueprints and project specifications.
- Ability to compute, rate, percent, land to draw, and interpret
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach, work well in a
- Strong skill in planning and organization, as well as skills in
project management. Key Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed; able to
consistently work independently.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email
communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.Work
EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold
and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud.The statements included in this job description
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job
are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for
growth, development, and internal promotion About CRHCRH has a long
and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family
businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together
form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified
structure that allows you to work in a small company environment
while having the career opportunities of large international
organization.If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you
to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now,
you will be brought to our official employment application. Please
complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring
manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24
hours a day. Thank you for your interest! APC Construction, a CRH
Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH, Denver , Estimator- (Entry Level)- APC- Golden,CO, Professions , Golden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...