Quality Construction Control Manager
Posted on: May 28, 2023
RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor
headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in
the construction, manufacturing and building services industries.
As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on
developing strong relationships with customers, as true project
partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings
creativity, performance and optimism to every project. -
RK Mechanical offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical
piping, process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay In-house Programs
- Career development training for all levels through RK
- Discounts on products and services for life's necessities such
as phone, internet and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering
opportunities Partnership Programs
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets,
restaurant specials and more What you'll be working on: RK
Mechanical, LLC is seeking a qualified -Quality Construction
Control Manager -who will be responsible to manage, monitor,
implement and execute a Company QCM program which is executed on
every project to ensure contractor and subcontractor quality
control requirements are met for all projects. The QCC Manager is
required to set all Quality Construction Management (QCM) schedules
for each project, attend all planning meetings, conduct quality
audits and site walks as well as review contract compliance with
the plans and specifications. - This person will conduct as many of
the Quality Construction Management (QCM) meetings in person as
reasonably possible and ensure that all meeting are taking place as
well as follow up and follow through on all items or issues needing
- The QCCM will be expected to schedule and participate in the
majority of QCM meetings to ensure project compliance.
- The QCCM will be required to walk all projects and review the
progress, the quality and contract compliance of the installation
as well as, our sub- contractors and the general contractors. They
will discuss planning, installation, material, equipment
distribution, and safety at a minimum.
- This person will perform plan and specification reviews on all
projects as well as submittal review from time to time to ensure
project compliance and accuracy to the plans, specifications, and
- This person will also review all project testing plans and
records to ensure they are performed timely, accurately and within
standards on every project.
- The QCCM oversight is within the scope of each contract. The
QCCM will provide support services to the project team and
executive management within the company.
- The QCCM will report directly to the VPO and must be able to
provide executive level reporting of progress on every project on a
- This person must be very collaborative and process excellent
communication skills to be able to work effectively will all
parties involved in the construction process. IE: VPO, OM, PM,
Field Leadership, VDC Dept., Fabrication, purchasing, etc. -
- Understands and is capable of identifying and correcting safety
concerns if needed.
- Monitors construction activity to maintain compliance with
contract specifications and company quality, safety, testing and
best in class standards.
- Administer and improve the Quality Construction Management
(QCM) process as needed on each project to ensure compliance.
- Participate in construction team meetings and provide regular
on-site project presence.
- Provide the project management and field leadership team with
guidance and confirm the project fulfills the requirements of the
QCM and water mitigation programs.
- Conduct meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance,
evaluate performance, identify corrective action and implement
- Collaborate with project management to develop an Emergency
Action Plan (EAP) and serve as primary contact for project site
during quality and water incident investigations.
- Maintain a written log of project site quality inspection
activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Plan, implement and conduct project site quality compliance
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and QCM assistance
to staff and subcontractor personnel upon request.
- Participate in preconstruction meetings.
- Draft site-specific construction quality control plans.
- Review all plans and specifications.
- Perform regular on-site inspections as request by project teams
or executive management.
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure subcontractors follow
- Coordinate special inspections and/or audits as
required/requested by the project General Contractor.
- Work with co-workers and subcontractors to maintain quality
control throughout the project life cycle.
- Complete regular documentation requirements, including reports
and monthly project progress and installation photos.
- Monitor work performance and productivity of trades to ensure
project specifications, procedures, and quality, requirements are
maintained and relay findings to project teams and the field labor
- Regularly meet and advise executive management of potential
problems, work interference, and schedule difficulties; assist in
circumventing/resolving such issues as required at a project
- Spot check material and equipment received against approved
submittals and ensure that project team is performing this task and
recording it appropriately.
- Maintain QCM deficiency logs and inform the project teams and
upper management of deficiency notifications as required.
- Help to coordinate and maintain red-line or as-built documents
on the project site.
- Support pre and final inspections and ensure that internal and
external punch list are generated and corrected in a timely manner.
Communicate through the project team to coordinate the correction
- Coordinate and conduct final inspections with government
contracting and 3rd -party inspection personnel.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, initiative and
a commitment to quality.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Always represents The Company with professionalism.
- Review mobilization plans and project set up requirements.
- Review project material matrix.
- Review project take-off / triangulation /phase codes and batch
- Review equipment and fixture take-offs as needed.
- Review subcontractor, material and equipment buy-out status to
ensure project compliance.
- Review project submittal logs to ensure accuracy and
- Review project RFI logs and facilitate action as needed.
- Review project proposal status and logs to ensure accuracy and
timely submission / settlement.
- Identify and review and project critical systems or
requirements / testing. e.: steam start-up, chlorination, duct
testing, x-ray requirements, etc.
- Review status of coordination drawings, material and equipment
releases and schedule to ensure timely fabrication, delivery and
- Review project rental plan to ensure safety and budget
- Review subcontractor audit and compliance reviews.
- Review and follow up on prior month action items to ensure
completion and compliance.
- Review project labor plans and three week look ahead
- Review project production tracking and man day cost to ensure
compliance with project budget and financial forecast.
- Conduct lesson learned meetings between all projects to ensure
effective communication and duplicate problems do not present
themselves across the company. What is expected of a Quality
Construction Control Manager:
- A minimum of five (5) years' combined experience in the
- Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Project Superintendent,
Mechanical Project Engineer, Mechanical Assistant Project Manager,
Mechanical Project Manager, Mechanical Senior Project Manager or
Mechanical Operations Manager on similar size and type of contracts
i.e.: office building, educational, transportation/aviation,
government, healthcare, data centers, hospitality, commercial
- Must have a minimum of two (3) years' experience with project
QC Management in addition to the above qualification
- OSHA/USACE/NAVFAC CQM Certification a plus
- Must be able to earn a CQI-Quality in Construction
Certification within the first 6 months of employment. COMPANY
AWARDS Denver Business Journal -Denver-Area Private Companies:
-Ranked #21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten
years or more Denver Business Journal -Denver-Area Private Sector
Employers: -Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019 Denver
Business Journal -Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private Companies:
-Ranked #6, 2019 Denver Business Journal -Fast 50 list: -Ranked #6
2019 ABC's Top 200 Performers: -Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in
2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019 ABC's Top 75 Trade
Contractors: -Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7 in 2021 ABC's Top
Performers by Market: Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022 High Tech Contractor:
Ranked #8 in 2022 Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022 Mixed
Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022 Museums, Monuments and Parks
Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022 Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer
Certification: -2019 Silver ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top Company 2021
Awards: -Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering ColoradoBiz
Magazine -Top Company 2017 Awards: -Winner, Category: Construction
+ Engineering ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top 50 Family Owned Companies:
-Ranked #1 since 2011 ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top 200 Private
Companies: -Ranked #8 in 2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked
#11 2018 ColoradoBiz Magazine -Top 250 Private Companies: -Every
year since 2011 American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite
Award: -2020 (Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016
(Platinum), 2015 (Gold) Colorado Workforce Development Council:
-Celebration of Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding
Employer Business Experiential Learning Commission: -2020 Colorado
Apprentice Award, Employer category Engineering News Record
-Specialty Contractor of the Year - Mountain States: -2020 Health
Links Healthy Workplace: -Certified leader in 2022 and 2021 RK
MECHANICAL AWARDS ABC's Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors: -Ranked
#2 in 2022, Ranked #3, 2021, Ranked #2, 2020 Denver Business
Journal -Denver-Area Mechanical Contractors: -Ranked #1 since 2015
ABC Excellence In Construction Awards (Regional) Miramar - Salt
Lake Data Center, 2021 Award of Excellence Ascent Union Station,
2020 Award of Excellence Engineering News Record -Top 600 Specialty
Contractors: -#97 in 2022, #101 in 2021, #95 in 2020, #70 in 2019,
#67 in 2018 Engineering News Record -Top 50 Mechanical Firms: -#33
in 2022, #47 in 2021, #39 in 2020, #29 in 2019, 2011-2017 SAFETY
AWARDS ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level:
2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
ACCA Award Member: -Safety Master's Club AGC Safety Utah: -Silver
Award with 5 stars, 2022 COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY Denver Business
Journal -Corporate Foundations: -Ranked # 6 in 2021, #7 in 2020, #6
in 2019 Denver Business Journal -Denver Area Corporate
Philanthropists: -Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020 The Civic 50
Colorado: -One of the most community-minded companies 2020, 2019
Carson J Spencer Foundation:2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award for
RK's suicide prevention efforts
Keywords: RK, Denver , Quality Construction Control Manager, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...