Construction HS&E Safety Manager
Company: The Griffin Groupe
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Full Time
Rate:$110,000 plus benefits
The HS&E Safety Manager
The Griffin Groupe is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join our
client's Health & Safety team.
The HS&E Safety Manager will administer and manage, Health
Safety and environmental programs in accordance with all applicable
local, state, and federal regulations and client requirements per
the contact. In addition to the company internal requirements.
The candidate will oversee the EH&S on the client's property,
this will include but not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day sub-contractors assigned for the
- Maintain onsite training-inspections and other forms of record
keeping complying with client and outside agencies
- Interact with and represent the company with clients and
- Provide support services as needed, this is a "boots to the
ground" working environmental, in conjunction to office time for
admin duties as directed by the Director of Risk
- Onsite training for personal and sub-contractors.
- Manage the safety program(s) while working closely with the
site department heads, and other staff to develop, sell, and
implement strategic plans for compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and monitors company and policies to ensure
compliance with federal, state and local environmental and safety
- Conducts training in emergency response, hazardous material
handling, industrial hygiene, life safety activities.
- Provides technical assistance to management as needed regarding
compliance requirements for MSHA and other closely related
- Interface professionally with representatives of governmental
regulatory agencies,local emergency response organizations and
various external and internal compliance auditors.
- Accident Investigation and prevention.
- Employee liaison to management for safety concerns and
- May have a role in the administration of the worker's
compensation program and the
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics,
identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Liaises between Clients on safety related issues.
- Participates in daily PJSA meetings prior to procurement and
- Maintain all safety equipment to ensure working conditions are
- Other job-duties may be assigned per client or company contract
that may not have been listed.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and organizational
- Strong work ethic, "hands-on" approach to work, willingness to
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Related Field
- B.S. degree in Occupational Safety and Health or closely
related fields is preferred, however if an individual is close to
completion of a degree they will be considered. Or equivalent with
at least 5 years of relevant MSHA safety and health
- Experience and demonstrated ability managing safety
- Working knowledge of State and Local Regulations.
- Hold a current MSHA instructors' card and is in good
- Proficiency using personal computers and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to multitask and work with little to no direct
Keywords: The Griffin Groupe, Denver , Construction HS&E Safety Manager, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!