Driver, Linehaul - SYGMA - US
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: January 26, 2023
US3183 Sygma Denver, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
$10.00 - $48.08
The compensation range provided is in compliance with state
specific laws. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
rate of pay include your specific skills, years of experience and
You may be eligible to participate in the Company's Incentive
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
To serve our customers by safely and efficiently transporting
product from the warehouse by driving a tractor-trailer to various
destination points according to customer invoices and company
Pay- 1,100 Weekly minimum- Average pay 65K
- Safely transports product from the warehouse to the customer
location and ensures the product is delivered on a timely basis,
according to assigned route; loads and unloads product according to
- Ensures all paperwork is completed according to established
company and governmental guidelines (e.g. DOT electronic or manual
logs, inspections, company vehicle maintenance reports and pre and
post-trip reports are completed accurately and submitted on a
timely basis, ensures all invoices are accurate and case counts
match bill of ladings).
- Ensures all food safety protocols are met according to
established guidelines (e.g. proper temperatures are maintained in
the delivery vehicle).
- Follows preferred work methods at all times, and immediately
advises the management team of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to pallets, load bars, SLS unit, and personal
- Develops and establishes good relationships with customers by
providing excellent and courteous service with clear
- Communicates with management team regarding any deviations to
route, trailer or loading issues and/or customer or product
- Works assigned schedule and work outside the usual work
schedule as needed to meet customer needs; exhibits regular and
predictable attendance. Other duties as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent degree, plus 1 year of
tractor-trailer driving experience preferred.
- Completion of a tractor-trailer driving school will be accepted
instead of, or in addition to a high school diploma.
Certifications and/or technical requirements
Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
Must be insurable to operate a vehicle as a condition of initial
and continued employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of: Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations;
Hazmat guidelines; Safe lifting and delivery practices
- Skill in: driving over long distances, over a variety of
terrains and in varying weather conditions, communicating with
customers; solving problems; delivering the product
- Ability to: drive a tractor-trailer unit both in the day and at
night in a variety of traffic and weather conditions and remain
alert and aware of surroundings
- meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Operate a 3 axle tractor, 45' - 48' trailer, straight truck,
- keypad and a 2 wheel hand cart; read, write and communicate in
English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply,
divide); effectively plan and organize work activities independent
of direct supervision; solve problems
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
- essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- The associate is occasionally required to lift, push, or move
product that weighs up to up to 50 pounds by hand and push/pulls up
to 350 pounds of product with a 2-wheeled hand cart down a ramp and
into the customer's storage areas
- climb in and out of a tractor and trailer
- vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those associate encounters while performing
essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
- Moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined
- The associate usually works an overnight schedule, including
weekends, holidays, overtime, on-call and starting at various times
are required in order to successfully meet customers' needs.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at
various start times are required in order to successfully meet
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by
this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and
responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be
reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Denver , Driver, Linehaul - SYGMA - US, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!