Remote Presales Consultant - SaaS
Company: IHS Markit
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Us: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that
powers decision making. We provide the world's leading
organizations with the right data, connected technologies and
expertise they need to move ahead. On the Engineering Solutions
team we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of
an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup.
Our mission: build an evolvable knowledge and data platform that
enables STEM professionals to unlock and deliver innovation to the
world's most complex problems. About You: Are you a disruptor,
breaking the paradigms of how others solve problems? Are you bold,
courageous, and strategic? Is delivering impact your top motivator?
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. If
this sounds like a good fit, we need to talk! SPGI is seeking a
driven Presales Consultant who will report to the Director of
Consulting for our currently unreleased digital transformation
solution. This role will be responsible for collaborating with our
sales team to secure new customers through product, industry, and
technical expertise. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who
thrives on tackling new projects with a pragmatic approach. You can
expect to be coached, challenged, and supported in an environment
that encourages autonomy and provides the trust and freedom to do
your best work. This role will be pivotal to our ability to
successfully disrupt the market. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Lead discovery sessions with prospective customers to identify,
analyze, and document problem statements related to engineering
workflows and data.
- Connect current and planned product capabilities to problem
statements; demonstrate and use storytelling to articulate how our
solution can deliver value to customers.
- Lead product demonstrations while conveying industry expertise
and a sense of empathy for the customer.
- Define the technical scope required to solve a customer's
problem using our product.
- Collaborate with sales teammates to create and refine the
presales process for a newly released SaaS product.
- Contribute to the growth of a new business by collaborating
with our sales team to sell to customers in target industries
(automotive, manufacturing, oil and gas, industrials).
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated success in software sales,
consulting, or professional services.
- Strong stakeholder management, presentation, and
- Technical aptitude for software and the ability to translate
technical concepts to different audiences.
- Passion for bringing disruptive technology to market in
partnership with a growing team (your peers will include alumni
from big 4 consulting, Fortune 500, US military, academia, B2B
SaaS, industry giants, tech startups and apps you use every day
like Spotify, Facebook, and Lyft) Nice-to-haves
- Experience leading workshops and discovery meetings to identify
- Experience working with industries such as automotive,
manufacturing, oil and gas, or similar industrial.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of common elements of SaaS
products (SSO, data integrations, cloud security). What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical,
dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous
401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3
volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits,
please access the benefits page on our careers site: .
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated
minimum base salary for this role would be $80,000 - $150,000.
Compensation will be determined by the education, experience,
knowledge, and abilities of the applicant. - Equal Opportunity
Employer: S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or
any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions
will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation
during the application process due to a disability, please send an
email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate
person. US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes
discrimination protections under federal law.
Keywords: IHS Markit, Denver , Remote Presales Consultant - SaaS, Professions , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!