Traveling Multifamily Construction Superintendent - Nationwide
Posted on: September 24, 2022
WE ARE VCC
VCC is a full-service commercial general contractor with extensive
experience in pre-construction, design-build, construction
management, consultation, value engineering and contract delivery.
Since 1987, we have worked to build the reputation as a leading
contractor in the nation, growing from one office in Little Rock,
Ark. to nine offices around the country and construction projects
in all 50 states. We have maintained a debt-free, financially
conservative philosophy. This approach has kept us financially
strong, ensuring it will be there whenever their clients need
We are unique in that we have combined innovation with traditional
construction practices and industry leading management. We are
ranked in the top 100 general contractors by ENR and the largest
retail contractor in the United States. We are continually inspired
by the challenges and triumphs of the building process, and we are
confident that the VCC family will only grow and improve with
aspiring new employees like you, our future. -
THIS IS A TRAVELING SUPERINTENDENT OPPORTUNITY.
POTENTIAL SIGN ON BONUS! -
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SUPERINTENDENTS WILLING TO TRAVEL IN THE
As a Traveling Superintendent you will be accountable for the
entire construction Project from mobilization to completion, by
providing the knowledge, skill and experience to run day-to-day
operations on the job site. -The Project Superintendents' top
priority is field coordination, working closely with the
Subcontractor(s) to ensure that they are always focused on quality
and workmanship that meet industry standards. The daily direction
and coordination of the Project by the Superintendent ensures that
the work is carried out safely, correctly, within budget and on
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Studies specifications and contract to plan procedures for
construction, ensuring start -and finish times, safety, quality,
and staffing/subcontractor requirements for each phase of
construction job are met.
- Coordinates Expediting List with the Project Engineer for
procurement materials to be delivered at specified times to conform
to work schedules, in accordance with SOP.
- Coordinates Subcontractors work in proper sequence while
keeping the overall scheduled completion done. Conducts weekly
Subcontractor meetings and reviews 3 week short interval schedule,
current quality management or activities and overall jobsite
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and
subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures,
interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of
construction to prevent delays.
- Obtains and monitors all permits, building certificates and
City inspections. Must become familiar with all local building
enforcement procedures, in accordance with SOP.
- Confers with General Superintendents, supervisory and
engineering personnel, inspectors, suppliers of materials to
resolve construction problems and improve construction
- Enforces the organizations Safety policies in accordance the
SOP and also by establishing a climate that emphasizes safety on
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship and
materials conform to specifications and the adherence to
- Review Cost Reports and complete Back Charges in accordance
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and
costs, punch lists daily diaries, billing sheets pictures and
adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Coordinates and approvals all time and material costs with
various sub-contractors. Maintains daily paperwork.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience supervising all phases of ground
up multi-million dollar commercial construction projects with a
- Must be willing to travel as business requires.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence
and taking initiative.
- Professional with the ability to effectively communicate with
all levels of the organization.
- Must possess valid/active drivers license.
- Experience with multi-million dollar luxury wrap apartment
- Experience overseeing projects with value of $20M or more.
WHAT WE OFFER
At VCC you aren't just an employee; you're an important member of
our team. Below are some of the excellent benefits we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, prescription & dental benefits, life
- 401(k) retirement program
- Profit Sharing
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Living expenses paid while traveling
- Truck allowance
- Potential Bonus opportunity
Keywords: field superintendent, site superintendent, construction
superintendent, project superintendent, traveling superintendent,
construction manager, site manager, field manager, field
supervisor, construction supervisor, project supervisor
Keywords: VCC, Denver , Traveling Multifamily Construction Superintendent - Nationwide, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!