Company: IHS Markit
Posted on: September 24, 2022
?The Role: Operations Analyst The Grade/Level: 6 (relevant for
internal applicants only) The Location: Englewood, CO Summary:
S&P Global Engineering Solutions division is seeking an
Operations Analyst to join a team of Data Analysts responsible for
the management of the royalty calculation and reporting process.
Royalties are required to be paid on certain sales to our
third-party content suppliers. This role would own the process for
several specific parts of the Engineering Solutions portfolio. The
royalty process is deadline-driven and is approached with a strong
sense of quality and accuracy, but also with an eye toward
continuous improvement and opportunities for automation. This
position will report to the Executive Director of Operational
Analysis who is currently based in Englewood, CO, USA.
Responsibilities will include preparing monthly sales data,
calculating royalties based on a variety of defined rules,
preparing deliverable reports for our external partners, and
providing internal data analysis for these products. The Royalty
Team is also responsible for building trust and fostering positive
relationships with our strategic content partners; communication
skills and attention to detail are critical. This is an exciting
opportunity for an individual with background in Financial
Reporting or Data Analytics to be part of an experienced team in a
large, successful multi-national corporation. Responsibilities:
- Based on established monthly and quarterly cycles, prepare and
format sales data into the form needed to execute the royalty
- Calculate the specific royalties resulting from individual
sales. At times data must be interpreted and judgment
- Split those royalties into the reports required for each of the
supported external content partners. Format reports for ease of use
and professional presentation.
- Work with supporting peer resources to split up the work and
ensure that everything is completed prior to the strict payment
- Support basic tracking and analysis to ensure quality and
accuracy, and to pick up anomalies or trends in the data.
- Coordinate with various internal groups to solve royalty/sales
- Document and suggests continuous improvements in
- Support projects such as tool development and automation
opportunities to make the process easier and more reliable over
- Drive high standards of customer service and proactive
communication to ensure all requests and issues raised by content
partners are resolved in a timely, efficient and friendly
- Will occasionally need to represent your work to internal or
external auditors. What We're Looking For Required Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Information
Management, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years' experience performing financial or
analytical tasks in a business environment.
- An understanding of basic financial practices including
currency conversion, pro-ration of costs, and margin analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, especially advanced
Excel skills (formulas, lookups, pivot tables, visualization, data
mapping, experience with VBA and macros is a plus).
- Experience with tools like Power BI and Power Automate are a
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects with
competing priorities while working toward strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English. What We Offer
- S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range
for this position is $49,400 to $89,300. Final base salary for this
role will be based on the individual's geographical location as
well as experience and qualifications for the role.
- In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an
annual incentive plan.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical,
dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous
401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3
volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits,
please access the benefits page on our careers site:
About Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that
powers decision making. We provide the world's leading
organizations with the right data, connected technologies and
expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help
solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and
individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic
landscape. S&P Global Engineering Solutions solves for
tomorrow's challenges today by transforming workflows and end-user
experiences with data, insights and technology.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity
Employer: S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or
any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions
will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation
during the application process due to a disability, please send an
email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be
forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only: The EEO is
the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Keywords: IHS Markit, Denver , Operations Analyst, Professions , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!