Sr. Energy Management System/SCADA Consultant
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: August 7, 2022
- The role is responsible for gathering and analyzing client
business requirements to identify and solve technical problems
related to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and
Energy Management System (EMS) applications including Generation
and Dispatch Control (GDC) a.k.a. Automatic Generation Control
(AGC), Inter-Control Center Communication Protocol (ICCP),
Transmission Security Management (TSM), and Dispatch Training
Simulator (DTS), which are all used for controlling and monitoring
client's 's Bulk Electric System (BES) grid.
- In-depth technical skills are required for system
configuration, problem analysis determination, and the ability to
resolve issues related to real-time technology and operations.
- Act as communication liaison and Subject Matter Expert (SME)
for EMS applications between business partners, IT teams that
include project staff and individual contributors, application
delivery support personnel, Operational Technology (OT) converged
infrastructure, network, and shared services teams.
- This role also assists in the configuration, implementation,
and support of several interfaces for EMS applications to existing
enterprise applications such as Enterprise Services Bus (ESB),
Application Programmer Interfaces (APIs), OSI Soft PI interface,
- Transmission Security Modeling experience preferred. Project
resource responsible for administration planning, problem-solving,
and oversight of one or more advanced applications utilized to
control and monitor the electrical grid.
- Responsible for ongoing development and implementation of SCADA
applications. Apply business knowledge and application expertise to
support the implementation and maintenance of the Energy Management
System (EMS) database and display work activity for the electrical
system and available telemetry.
- Assess the need for and monitor modifications to the database
impacting the real-time SCADA System while supporting other
applications including Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Energy
Accounting, ICCP, ITS, and Network Analysis, which are all used for
controlling and monitoring client's electrical grid. Essential
- Evaluate and identify the impact of database changes for
assigned areas and across impacted Regional Transmission Systems
(RTS) and Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs).
- Analyze and determine the correct system operating changes
related to the transmission, distribution, and generation
electrical system using data collected from engineering projects
and available company diagrams.
- Determine which advanced applications will be affected by
- Plan and conduct research in problem areas of varying scope and
- Resolve and/or make recommendations regarding unique issues and
- Coordinate ongoing work activities with Control System
Operators, Energy Markets, field personnel, technicians,
neighboring utilities, appropriate power pools, and other Database
Specialists, as required. ---
- Ensure correct system configuration is available for field
- Implement changes to the real-time SCADA database in a timely
manner using Oracle and Spectrum DBA, as needed. Update displays to
reflect changes on the system.
- Monitor database changes to ensure accurate and complete.
- Complete testing before, during and after implementation, as
required. Resolve and/or make recommendations regarding problems
encountered in testing or implementation phases. ---
- Provide expertise to management in one or more of the advanced
applications, to recommend, and to incorporate these changes
- Provide direction and support to less senior team members and
users of the advanced applications. ---Responsible to develop plans
for and to ensure enhancement of existing database and display
- Ensure the integrity of the database using special utilities,
Linux, and SQL.
- Support new and changing requirements by the end-users of the
system. Set up and maintain all data to be archived. ---
- Develop, recommend, and maintain standards, policies, and
procedures for the EMS database and displays for standardization
across all three regions of Client's
- Provide training and work direction to others working in the
database and display maintenance group.
- Provide technical expertise to less senior team members and
functional and business areas including engineering, Energy
Markets, and other utilities, and as required. ---
- 5 years SCADA heavily preferred
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Denver , Sr. Energy Management System/SCADA Consultant, Professions , Golden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!