Company: Unison Systems Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionA Brief Overview
The Business Analyst provides excellent customer service for
internal customers maintaining emphasis on external customer
experience with service offerings including business process
improvements at a variety of organizational levels. The analyst
works in a leadership capacity providing organization and focus
engaging strong communication and problem-solving while adapting
and responding to customer needs.
What you will do
- Use contemporary requirements practices to elicit information
and organize ideas with company knowledge yet with an outsider's
- Help the group stay on track by providing a clear focus
maintaining alignment with company strategy, considering both
short-term and long-term objectives.
- Apply Agile practices when appropriate to emphasize iterative
delivery and frequent feedback.
- Apply techniques, practices, and communication that is best fit
for the situation while keeping the best interest of internal and
external customers in focus.
- Exhibit openness and flexibility to change by adopting and
piloting new practices and leading by example.
- Enable stakeholders to comprehend, analyze and promote
collaboration and action by utilizing visualization and alternative
- Work as a liaison between vendors, project sponsors, and
project teams in order to build and foster trust.
- Identify when to raise awareness about potential risks.
- Working independently in addition to learning how to become
leader and mentor on team in regard to identifying opportunities
for process improvement including research to uncover underlying
gaps or problems.
- Continuing to expand practical application of Business Analysis
concepts and techniques by pursuing formal and informal educational
opportunities to expand knowledge and skills such as requirements
engineering methodology and tools.
- Begin to pursue strategic training opportunities that lead to
suggestions for updates to our Business Analysis practices.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the
Workplace policy.Minimum Requirements
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in related field and a
minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- A combination of post-high school education, job related
certification and related experience equivalent to 5 years may be
considered in lieu of minimum requirementsPreferred Requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, other related
field, or master's degree is preferred
- Business Analyst Certification (CBAP), Scrum Master
Certification (CSM) is a plus
- Experience with various project methodologies, such as Scrum,
Kanban, and WaterfallKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exhibit strong communication skills from collection to
expression of information with adaptability for various audiences
ranging from staff level to senior leadership
- Ability to help stakeholders articulate their problem
definition focusing on requirements without describing the
- Facilitate and lead requirements elicitation, analysis and
additional sessions that help establish a clear goal such as
workshops or interviews with groups of stakeholders
- Ability to develop alternative views of requirements by
creating graphical forms including as-is/to-be workflows, process
- Provide visibility into the progress of requirement development
activities while highlighting the value delivered and potential
- Establish and maintain credible relationships both within and
across multiple teams,
- Ability to create documentation that is complete, consistent,
unambiguous, verifiable and conforming to standards
- Lead focused efforts identifying relevant details and parking
- Ability to analyze, communicate and adapt to impact of changes
in requirements, priorities and business processes
- Understanding of technical terminology in addition to
understanding of Technology department structures, responsibilities
- Apply analytical skills and critical thinking to evaluate and
validate data and requirements obtained from multiple sources or
techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Demonstrate strong root-cause problem resolution and implement
decisions of varying complexity
- Ability to work independently and bring multiple efforts to
- Moderate familiarity with Project Management methods and
- Develop and maintain an awareness of operational processes and
procedures across the company
- Proven ability to gain support for initiatives through
influence and use of business rationale
- Proficiency of computer applications including MS OfficeUnison
Systems Inc. is a full-service IT consulting firm that offers
staffing, consulting, direct-hire recruiting and solutions delivery
services. Core areas of service include: •Software Engineering
•Data Management •Project/Program Management •Infrastructure &
Keywords: Unison Systems Inc., Denver , Business Analyst, Professions , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!