CDL A Local Delivery Truck Driver
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company: US1119 FreshPoint Denver, Inc.Zip Code:80216Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1
YearEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: 0Pay:$21.50You may
be eligible to participate in the Company's Incentive Plan.BENEFITS
INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
https://SyscoBenefits.comOUR TRUCK DRIVERS CAN MAKE UP TO:
- $25.00 Per Hour with incentive Pay
- $7,500 SIGN-ON BONUSWalk-Ins Welcomed Monday - Friday 10:00am
to 4:00pm. Stop by to see why FreshPoint Denver is a great place to
work.PAY RATE: $21.50 Per HourBENEFITS
- Excellent pay, including productivity incentives.
- Date of hire eligibility for medical and prescription drug
- Most CDL A Delivery Truck Drivers have daily routes and are
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE.
- Ongoing job skills and leadership development training.
- Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits.
- Generous retirement benefits.
- Employee discount programs.
- Service recognition and employee rewards.
- 15 % discount on Sysco stock (SYY).
- Referral programs.
- Safety programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Company paid uniforms annually
- More benefits, too many to name.*Exclusions/Exceptions may
applyAre you ready to drive success? Click on the hyperlink to
watch A Day in the Life of a Sysco Driver . Job Profile SummaryJob
Profile SummaryAll drivers run daily routes with frequent stops and
are required to load packages onto hand trucks and unload product
at each stop on the assigned route in the order they are designated
by the Transportation Department Manager. The candidate will
operate successfully in a cross-dock model picking up a loaded
truck from a nightly delivery at the assigned loading dock and
return the empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end of the
route. May be required to assist occasionally with loading-trucks,
palletizing product, and performing other duties as assigned by
Supervisor or Manager.Job PostingAll drivers run daily routes with
frequent stops and are required to load packages onto hand trucks
and unload product at each stop on the assigned route in the order
they are designated by the Transportation Department Manager. The
candidate will operate successfully in a cross-dock model picking
up a loaded truck from a nightly delivery at the assigned loading
dock and return the empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end
of the route. May be required to assist occasionally with
loading-trucks, palletizing product, and performing other duties as
assigned by Supervisor or Manager.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management
for major programs and projects.
- Runs routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and
place in designated customer storage areas. May include
transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds,
up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 to stack and unstack
pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and
unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies
are on invoices. Communicate all errors/returns.
- Calls in when a customer does not receive their entire order
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver
safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection. Perform pre-trip
and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of
Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and
- Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required:
- High School or GED or equivalentExperience
- One-year route delivery experience or applicable background
driving a straight truck
- Valid Commercial Driver's License - Class A required
- Must be able to read and understand English.Skills
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory
control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to
routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple
arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
- CommunicationOTHER INFORMATION
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift,
infrequent lifting to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spacesHOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
Keywords: Sysco, Denver , CDL A Local Delivery Truck Driver, Professions , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!