Systems Engineer III - Application Analyst
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Support/upgrade/troubleshoot various critical production
applications in a Unix environment. This position will include
on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations
environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to
respond to escalated issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and troubleshoot applications for issues. Analyze and
take corrective action as necessary to ensure application(s) are up
and running and are no longer impacting customers. Correlate
various symptoms and identify the core issue. Assist in performing
Root Cause Analysis.
- Ability to Build and Configure new VMs as needed.
- Shake out Validation and testing for newly built
- Participate and perform E2E Test and DR testing across all
products as needed
- Create, review, and approve MOPs.
- Work on projects/systems/issues of medium complexity
surrounding configuration, automation, and optimization.
- Be on rotation to do deployments to up keep systems and
complete application upgrades, apply patches, etc. during
- Experience in working with Splunk and able to analyze logs and
identify specific problem areas in the applications.
- Comfortable communicating and working with various teams to
assess/troubleshoot/resolve issues as necessary.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Understands and follows company policy.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to ensure 24x7
availability of applications
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.BASIC /
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum Five (5) years of Network Engineering experience.
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience supporting large scale
services on a Unix platform.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience supporting critical 24/7
Unix-based production applications.ADDITIONAL JOB
- Experience with systems and services designed to support
multi-million customer counts is highly desired.
- Strong experience with at least one Unix-based OS. Experience
with RedHat is a plus
- Ability to support Oracle Weblogic 11g (and above), Apache
Tomcat and monitoring tools
- Capable of running and supporting Oracle SOA Suite java
applications, preferably in a clustered environment
- Experience with tasks involved in the day-to-day operation,
monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large enterprise
- Scripting and/or programming skills (e.g. shell, Perl, PHP,
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with data/log mining tools (Splunk)
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery planning and
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Previous experience working with provisioning systems
ISY350-APO 301164 301164BR
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Systems Engineer III - Application Analyst, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!