Project Manager - Design & Construction
Company: Under Canvas
Posted on: May 6, 2021
If you are eager for a unique opportunity to use your project
management background and organizational skills to support projects
from pre-development to close-out in an outdoor adventure setting
this position might be for you. Thriving in a fast-paced
environment where you have ability to influence significant results
in a growing company is a daily occurrence and if you think on your
feet, work collaboratively, and take pride in your work you might
love working at Under Canvas.Position Overview:This position plays
a critical role in managing development projects. While a
Denver-based position is preferred, this position may be remote for
the right candidate. The position reports directly to the VP of
Design and Construction. Estimated 50% travel. The Project Manager
will support projects through the gathering of inputs from internal
stakeholders, the supervision of design development with external
consultants and internal cross-functional leaders and will deliver
end products through the supervision of contractors on-site through
the completion of punch lists. Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support the Design and Construction aspects of projects from
pre-development to close out of punch list items.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the project
information including documentation of the project's program (the
scope), the detailed schedule and the budget.
- Originate and manage project schedules with consultants and
contractors to ensure necessary permit and construction deadlines
- Incorporate and track internal stakeholder's detailed
deliverables into project schedules, including entitlement
processes and operations activities.
- Maintain critical path schedules combining internal and
- Generate and track development budgets and estimates for full
project scope to include all design and construction
- Track and review for approval all project changes (internal and
external) including change orders, payment requests, and billings
from external entities.
- Maintain organized project folders with all records of all
relevant project files.
- Administer project coordination calls to include agenda
creation, schedule and project status updates, and follow up
- Support the project by sourcing potential design and
- Support the evaluation of contracts with design and engineering
consultants and construction contractors.
- Manage the review of plans created by consultants for
feasibility and cost effectiveness ensuring alignment with the
programing, our company values relating to minimal impact,
preserving natural beauty and minimizing use of resources.
- Think creatively to overcome obstacles presented by our unique
offering, including ascertaining when variances, waivers, or
deviations are required to achieve goals.
- Represent Under Canvas in a personable and professional manner
in meetings with agencies, governing bodies and the public.
- Manage the creation of processes and procedures for camp
maintenance teams related to permit compliance, as-builts, and
equipment manuals for handover to the Operations team. Skills
- Ability to successfully manage projects with a Sr.
Manager/Director level partner from beginning to end, related to
design, engineering, and permitting.
- Outstanding organization, planning, and attention to
- Experience in rural civil site development preferably related
to wells and pumping systems, septic systems, wastewater treatment,
- Experience creating development budgets, project schedules, and
communicating with consultants and contractors, preferably
- Ability to navigate through dynamics of each location.
- Persistence and ability to create alternative solutions to
- Ability to gain consensus, a strong work ethic, initiative, and
conflict resolution skills.
- Technical skills:
- Microsoft Suite and critical path scheduling software (MS
- AutoCAD is a plus.
- PE or Engineering or Architecture background
preferred.Education:Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or
Architectural or related field and 3-5 years' experience.
Keywords: Under Canvas, Denver , Project Manager - Design & Construction, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!