Company: Denver Public Schools
Posted on: May 5, 2021
SERVICE BLDG, Northwest Traditional 245 work days -
AMLG/FMGR/GRND/PROTECH FTE: 1.0 Salary Range: $22.70 - $26.60
depending on experience Please review the following links to see
the advancement possibilities and benefits. Essential Functions and
Objectives: Supports operations through practical application of
knowledge, use of proven techniques, and adherence to procedures.
Primary focus on execution of assigned tasks in a specific area of
responsibility, with a technical emphasis; such as; equipment,
machinery, or scientific/chemical. Constructs, erects, installs,
and repairs structures and fixtures of various materials in
accordance with local building codes.
- Performs hands-on tasks applying proven industry standards and
techniques, while adherence to policies, procedures, or guidelines
in the area of responsibility. Installs, tests, analyzes,
troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, related equipment in order to
support short-term operations and minimize downtime.
- Performs data entry and verification, keeps accurate
files/records, creates detailed reports, using various existing
systems for accurate, timely, and compliant records.
- Receives, understands, and disseminates information in subject
matter to appropriate stakeholders. Diagnoses problems and aids in
resolving technical issues and escalates appropriately to ensure a
- Contributes to identifying process inefficiencies and proposes
solutions, identifies opportunities through external research on
trends in resources, programs, and services and internal research
with stakeholders, and supports improvement efforts in order to
support long-term operations and minimize downtime. L2 (Journeyman)
- Installs and repairs structures and fixtures using a variety of
- Performs demolition work of walls and doorways and reconstructs
or installs new framework.
- Marks, shapes, assembles, fastens work materials. Verifies
accuracy of repairs using related tools.
- Repairs and constructs District sub-flooring.
- Frames and constructs walls and doorways using drywall and
wood/steel stud framing.
- Installs or repairs cabinets, partition walls, stairs.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative
paneling to ceilings and walls. Repairs and installs ceilings.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors,
doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and
finish hardware, and installs locks.
- Installs or repairs white boards, chalk boards, tack strips,
hand rails, coat racks, countertops.
- Evaluates repairs; modifies and performs repairs using
blueprints; and considering building code and standards.
- Performs work and cross trains in at least one other trade as
- Reviews work orders, prioritizes, and determine supplies for
repair and purchases supplies using District purchase order
- Diagnoses repairs; modifies and performs repairs using
blueprints; and considering building codes (e.g., UBC) and
- Prepares and cleans up job site taking into consideration
safety concerns of self and others, and disposes of waste and
- Assists with snow removal efforts on a 24 hour on-call
- Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Physical
Environmental Conditions: Knowledge, Experience Other
- Two (2) to ten (10) years experience and training; minimum as
follows: L1: Two (2) years related experience, L2: Four (4) years
experience, L3: Eight (8) years journeyman experience, including
one (1) year internal experience, District specific training or
equivalent required for all levels.
- Must have and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License and
meet District insurability standards.
- The ability to take responsibility for ones own
- Effective communication skills.
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multicultural environment
with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
- Work collaboratively with others on a team.
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced
- Ability to coordinate with other shop staff to complete
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all
- Ability to complete work according to specifications, with
attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organize work, at times with
- Ability to problem solve and repair/construct items according
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and complete
- Ability to work overtime hours as necessary and in accordance
with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Ability to interpret and read blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Other information:
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We
are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core
Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun,
and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an
impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing
large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as
one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is
continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its
challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have
clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our
supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need
great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment
that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem
solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!:
About Denver Public Schools: Denver Public Schools is committed to
meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools
in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver
with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool
through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200
schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative
pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country
in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school
district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn
more at dpsk12.org. Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It
is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal
opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related
Keywords: Denver Public Schools, Denver , Carpenter L2, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!