Fleet Maintenance Technician
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Truck Fleet Technician - City of Thornton If you are a Diesel
Technician looking for a long-term career with a company which has
multi-national stability, come join us at First Vehicle Services!
Our City of Thornton location is looking for a motivated Diesel
Technician who is interested in working in an environment which
promotes paid continuous and progressive education. We work on a
diverse variety of vehicles and equipment, providing competitive
pay and benefits. We also have a new, clean and spacious shop. If
all of this appeals to you, we are the place for you! Our shop
provides repairs for everything from heavy trucks to fire apparatus
to construction equipment. Our philosophy is to help our
technicians by providing the highest quality training, tooling and
information support so our repairs can meet this same standard.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $30-$38 per hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat
- **Up to a $4,000 Sign-On Bonus Available! (conditions apply.
Offer expires 6/1/21)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation (to start), 6 paid sick
days & 2 personal days
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! Diesel Fleet Mechanic Major
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes,
engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches
and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required. Diesel
Fleet Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 5+ years of heavy diesel truck or equipment repair experience
in an established shop.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Dealership, ASE, or OEM certifications strongly preferred.
- Welding certification is preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test. Apply today to join our team! First
Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in
fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school
districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private
organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire
apparatus to light, medium and heavy-duty units, marked and
unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction
equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert
maintenance services to keep fleets up and running. FirstGroup is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed
to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Denver , Fleet Maintenance Technician, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!