Mechanical HVAC & Plumbing Engineer
Posted on: April 11, 2021
The Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing Application Engineer will be
required to design and draft all aspects of mechanical and plumbing
systems, equipment, and distribution systems. Self-directed design
of application appropriate mechanical systems to suite indoor
controlled environments, agricultural, commercial offices, and
commercial retail projects.Essential FunctionsReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Actively communicate with and routine participation in,
in-company and out-of-company design team coordination
- Draft and design mechanical HVAC and plumbing systems,
equipment, and distribution systems.
- Works collaboratively with a design and drafting team to create
design sketches, calculations, layouts, and plans.
- Uses computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create
preliminary, coordination, and detailed construction
- Performs related mechanical and plumbing duct, pipe, and
equipment sizing load calculations for building, facility, tenant
improvement, and renovation projects with minimal
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent thermodynamic, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and
- Proficient with computer-assisted design (CAD) software,
Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit current releases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in team environment.Supervisory
ResponsibilityThis position is directly responsible for their
work/production and may supervise designers, drafters, or less
experienced engineers in the CAD drafting of
mark-ups/redlines/Construction Administration Equipment submittals,
observation reports, responses to building department comments, and
requests for information correspondence.Work EnvironmentThis
position operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Physical DemandsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel; and reach with hands and arms.Position Type and Expected
Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position. Days and hours of work
are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening
and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Work is
expected to be performed during normal business operations hours.
Self-directed after hours work is acceptable, but not as a
substitute to performance during the normal business operations
hours.TravelSome local, regional, national, and international work
travel may be required, less than 1 week per month.Required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, or similarly related
Engineering discipline preferred.
- Minimum three to five years of related Engineer-In-Training
Consulting engineering experience required.
- Successfully completed Fundamentals of Engineering(FE/EIT)
Exam.Preferred Education and Experience
- Progress towards professional engineer certification is
encouraged and incentivized based on experience.
- Continuing education and participation in industry recognized
associations, ASHRAE, ASPE, ASME, NCEES.EEO Statementurban-gro,
Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and
applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color,
religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or
intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a
Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered
domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex
stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition
(including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS
related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws.This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not
limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: urban-gro, Denver , Mechanical HVAC & Plumbing Engineer, Professions , Lafayette, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!