Senior Analyst, Operational Excellence
Company: SSR Mining Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
SSR Mining Inc. is a leading, free cash flow focused
intermediate gold company with four producing assets located in the
USA, Turkey, Canada, and Argentina, combined with a global pipeline
of high-quality development and exploration assets in the USA,
Turkey, Mexico, Peru, and Canada. SSR Mining is committed to
delivering excellence through the contributions of our dedicated
employees. With an industry-leading pipeline of projects, strong
financial positioning, and talented employees, we aim to continue
building on our strong foundation - we have high expectations for
the future! The Role Reporting to the Director, Operational
Excellence (OE), the Senior Analyst, Operational Excellence will
assist with the identification and deployment of improvement and
innovation projects, operational best practices, OE/LEAN/six sigma
tools and provide support and leadership to ensure operational
performance is maximized for SSR Mining in alignment with
organization objectives and values. This role is key in driving
forward the business transformation journey for the company to
ensure value opportunities are structured, realized and sustained
at both corporate and site level. This role will be based in the
Denver office. The Day to Day
- Conduct data analysis as part of focused improvement
initiatives or continuous process monitoring (including but not
limited to data collection plans, creating KPIs, run charts or
dashboards, FMEA, developing visual management boards, root cause
- Document and publish detailed workflows, processes, standards
and procedures relevant to operational reporting, and identifying
best practices and lessons learned
- Identify, structure and oversee or support together with sites
targeted improvement projects or campaigns that drive value.
- Document and assist with the creation and update of training
materials and corporate OE methodologies. Assists with deployment
of formal and hands-on training.
- Provide coaching and support to promote and embed an operations
excellence and continuous improvement culture.
- Assist sites with the structuring of the annual OE program,
taking inputs from the Strategic Business Plan (SBP), annual
business planning process and other business priorities.
- Provide support to sites OE leaders to progress OE
- Deliver a "One Version of the Truth" approach to all data and
systems used within the organization and consistent across all
- Oversee the Book of standards, BI toolsets and Meta
- Leading the design, development, testing, adoption, and support
of all BI strategic solutions such Value Driver Tree, dynamics
reporting, data analytics and visualization, in order to provide
management team with insights and recommendations for decision
making and strategic planning.
- Identify and oversee data science project collaboration with
local universities to drive data awareness and growth for SSR . Is
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific, mathematics, engineering or
information technology field.
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience, preferable
within a resource-based organization.
- Functional knowledge of mine and mill operations as well as
maintenance and materials management.
- Proficient in Excel, SQL, Microsoft Azure, PowerBI and
Sharepoint products, and data analytics software.
- Excellent data and business analysis skills - detailed analysis
and definitions of KPIs, measures, business logic and calculations,
reporting requirements, process mapping, data collection, root
cause analysis, hypothesis testing, statistics.
- Certified (or working towards certification) as six sigma green
belt, additional certification in Lean and/or Kaizen is a
- Proficient as facilitator of workshops and process improvement
initiatives using continuous improvement methodologies (DMAIC, A3,
SIPOC, VOC, process mapping, value stream mapping, FMEA, 5 Whys,
5S, visual management, fishbone, waste analysis, standard
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills and the ability
to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
both written and oral.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work to tight
deadlines and handle the pressure of last-minute requests with
little to no supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to compile, manipulate & analyze data to critically
assess operational efficiency and effectiveness, including root
cause analysis, hypothesis testing and statistics.
- Ability to link impact of operational efficiency metrics to
business outcomes (i.e. revenue, cost) through financial
- Ability to discover latest trends in technology and innovation
and assess fit for purpose with company goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work across the organization as a
change agent to achieve results.
- High levels of energy, drive and maturity.
- Leverage engineering expertise and leadership skills to create
value and buy-in from management team to the front-line.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or Turkish language would be
a definite asset. Benefits: 401(k); medical/dental/vision
insurance; employee share purchase plan, PTO, up to 15% bonus.
Keywords: SSR Mining Inc., Denver , Senior Analyst, Operational Excellence, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!