Electrical Product Engineer
Posted on: April 8, 2021
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact. With
interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply
chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you. Do you enjoy working on new products in industry
leading technology? Do you like being part of a small team where
you can have a meaningful impact on the organization? If so, you
may enjoy being part of the BAND IT team. The Electrical Product
Engineer is responsible for the research and development of new
technologies associated to the control systems, electrical
interface with mechanical smart tools and development of program
logic for new product development projects, including design,
validation and commercialization of connected assemblies and
components related to NPD projects. DUTIES AND
- Responsible for researching new control technologies, sensors
and programing languages that can be applied to the product
portfolio of electro-mechanical tools within Band-It's product
- Able to specify electrical components for new applications and
incorporate in the product design.
- Able to generate and trouble shoot wiring schematics and models
of control systems to be able to integrate into mechanical
- Work closely with mechanical product engineers to integrate
electrical control systems into the mechanical design of the
- Work with key customers to guide them in the integration of
smart tools into their existing factory control systems.
- Head-up design reviews utilizing an established toolbox of
design review tools for compliance to engineering
principles/standards and manufacturability. As well as
participating and providing constructive feedback on other team
member's product designs.
- Perform analysis on competitive products to establish
benchmarks for industry standards.
- Work cross functionally with sales, product management and the
other product engineering team to turn identified customer product
requirements into technical requirements for a new product.
- Works with project teams to estimate define the scope of new
product projects including timelines, costs, regulations
requirements, BOM's, test plans and prototyping throughout the NPD
- Works closely with Quality and Manufacturing Engineers for
product launches and revisions to existing products. This includes
helping manufacturing identify new equipment needed to build/test
new products. Also, aides in evaluation of parts/products when
quality issues arise with both suppliers and customers.
- Help sourcing find and qualify new suppliers as well as working
independently to find prototype shops to obtain parts for prototype
- Conducting prototype builds and aiding in manufacturing pilot
builds. Including providing input into work instructions for the
- Maintains accurate files in accordance with applicable company
processes and IATF/TS/ISO standards.
- Develop test plans and execute the plan to validate the design
and identify product specifications.
- Load new components and BOM's into the ERP system.
- Manages outsourced design partners related to open
- Able to conduct searches to determine patentability of new
designs and/or possible infringements. Works with the Director of
Engineering and/or Patent Attorney to determine patent feasibility
and provide necessary documentation.
- Participates and/or head-up continuous improvement projects by
looking at ways to improve daily tasks, presenting problems and
possible solutions to the appropriate teams.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by the Director of
Engineering. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES: To perform
this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each
essential function satisfactorily.-- The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong Electrical background including automation, familiarity
with all types of industrial controllers, controller programming
and PCB design/controls.
- Experience with SolidWorks wire routing and EPDM on a network
- Good organizational skills, able to balance work between
- Able to drive towards root cause of issues and develop plans to
achieve a solution.
- Advanced mechanical understanding is required.
- The ability to visualize problems and solutions.
- Strong analytical capabilities with ability to apply complex
mathematical concepts to product design.
- The ability to gather data and analyze the data creating
actionable paths forward.
- The ability to develop test plans and carry out the plans to
- Knowledge of Project Management software and MS Office
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement processes and facilitation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: 5-10 Years of Product Engineering
Experience. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
(BSEE) or equivalent from an accredited university.
- The estimated compensation for this position is
- This position may be eligible for a business unit bonus of
- This position is also eligible for our comprehensive U.S.
benefit offerings, which include Health benefits, 401(k) retirement
savings program with company match, etc. and at least 80 hours of
vacation, along with holiday, sick and personal time off. For more
information on our benefits and rewards, please visit our career
page at https://www.idexcorp.com/careers/our-benefit-and-rewards/
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world? IDEX is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX
gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any
other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal,
state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled). IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has
undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses
make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in
everyday activities. Chances are the car you're driving has a
BAND-IT-- clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you
were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life-- rescue tool may
have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer,
your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best
targeted medicine for you. It's likely your DNA test was run on
equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health
& Science team.
Keywords: IDEX, Denver , Electrical Product Engineer, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!