Electrical - Signal Processing Engineer
Company: Cipher Skin, Inc.
Posted on: April 6, 2021
We are an early-stage startup seeking a seasoned electrical
engineer who has the unique combination of electrical engineering
and signal processing technical expertise and product vision. We
are creating an entirely new market space, and you will be
responsible for ensuring the workability and robustness between our
hardware and software technology. You will work with the industrial
mechanical engineering team to ensure product workability and
report directly to the Head of Engineering. You will work
cross-functionally with the business development, product
management, and marketing teams as well as with the CEO and
executive staff directly. This position is full time and eventual
relocation to Denver, Colorado is required. What you'll do:
- Design, build, and verify digital and analog filters integral
to new R&D project initiatives.
- Write, optimize and maintain over time FW code.
- Maintaining communication within the development team.
- Cross-functional organization, communication, and
- Travel to support manufacturing, early R&D builds, field
- Reporting and presenting to management on project status and
- Support new product launch
- Create, modify, and update schematics, BOMs, and PCB layouts
for new and existing products.
- Write test specifications and procedures for electrical and
- Document new product releases or corrective actions (NCR, CAPA)
by creating DCNs (ECOs).
- Write embedded or PC-level software to control PCB text
- Create/execute verification and validation protocols for test
fixtures, procedures, and software.
- Follow Cipher Skins design control and documentation procedures
(PLM experience helpful). Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in a relevant field of study
from a top tier school is required
- Experience with C, Embedded C, python, Git, CLI, Github,
- Strong familiarity with discrete and continuous time domain
- Strong knowledge and extensive implementation of signal
- Exposure to raspberry_pi or beaglebone board, and node-red.
- Phd in a relevant field is strongly preferred
- Adaptability: broad interest in science and technology with a
willingness and interest in expanding into new fields and learning
new techniques and skills.
- Solid understanding of numerical modeling, design of
experiments, and prototype fabrication methods.
- Experience conducting technology assessments and analysis of
- Programming on SiLab boards, Simplicity Studio
- Familiar with PSpice, OrCAD, Mentor PADS.
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated
products. What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of relevant Electrical and Signal Processing
Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
product design, new product release, test engineering,
- Demonstrable previous experience with medical devices,
industrial systems or other regulated products is strongly
- Strong analog and digital signal processing, testing, and
- Demonstrable schematic and PCB layout experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- SMD and through-hole soldering.
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and low power
- Electromechanical design, assembly, and troubleshooting.
- Software experience - C is a must.
- Battery consumption optimization.
- Experience working with cross functional engineering teams to
- Experience with sensors or other ICs communicating over SPI
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new
skills and grow.
- Ability to multitask or focus on detailed problems, and
tenacity to drive issues until resolved. What we'll provide:
- An exciting early-stage startup where you can make an impact
from day one.
- A company that makes decisions based on facts and data where
your work makes a difference.
- A small but experienced executive team that welcome the
knowledge and experience you bring and values your contribution,
provides unmatched transparency into the business, and welcomes
diverse ideas and critical thinking.
- Amazing investors and partners who love our technology and
trust it to deliver important results for them.
Keywords: Cipher Skin, Inc., Denver , Electrical - Signal Processing Engineer, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!