Manufacturing - Plant EHS Manager
Company: Swire Coca-Cola, USA
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Who is Swire Coca-Cola? We are one of the largest bottlers of
Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in America. Our 7,000
hardworking and passionate employees produce and distribute more
than 300 brands and flavors across 13 states. We have as many
careers as we have flavors, and regardless of which role you
choose, you have a direct impact on Swire Coca-Cola, our products,
and the communities we call home. What does a--Manufacturing EHS
Manager--do--at Swire Coca-Cola? In this role you will be
responsible for leading and managing employee health and safety and
facility environmental processes within your designated plant and
warehouse. This role reports to the Plant Manager, and will partner
with the QSE department in implementing and supporting regulatory
training, environmental waste reduction and EHS Program Management
to maintain and enhance certification to ISO 45001 and ISO 14001,
as well as continuous improvement of key performance metrics
through project management and initiatives. This role is further
responsible for ensuring effective implementation of site Utilities
Management Programs & accurate EHS and environmental sustainability
metrics reporting. Responsibilities include:
- Establish, conduct or respond to health and safety
assessments/analyses in plant (e.g., medical surveillance, worker
exposure, WC assessment, defining drug/alcohol testing protocol) to
minimize health and safety risks.
- Lead the implementation of the Company's wastewater quality,
asbestos, and ammonia strategy including review and approval of
suppliers and design firms, compliance tracking and review/approval
of designs. Develop implementation strategies, implement, evaluate
and/or certify effective implementation of corporate EHS
- Ensure provision of timely EHS awareness and compliance
training programs as appropriate to all levels of plant and
warehouse operations and management.
- Ensure programs meet all country and local regulatory &
licensing requirements and company policy requirements and includes
assessed site EHS risks and management of compliance calendars and
- During times of serious incident, serve as a site member of the
crisis management team by directing efforts when requested,
offering recommendations, interpreting regulations and completing
communication, including government regulators or agencies.
- Conduct risk assessment by identifying and assessing potential
magnitude of risk (e.g., environmental, safety, regulatory,
production feasibility and quality) and creating contingency plans.
Prepare for plant emergency situations in plant by establishing
medical response program and emergency response organization
including management of injured workers.
- Engage with functional and site leadership providing subject
matter expertise and support to build EHS capability.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience supporting manufacturing and logistics
- Proficiency in working in a dynamic manufacturing
- Proficiency with ISO 14001 and 45001 management systems.
- Experience with regulatory interactions and negotiations.
- Excellent written, oral, time management and interpersonal
- Project Management Experience
- Safety: --Knowledge of technical practices and programs used in
the reduction or elimination of workplace hazards. Includes
knowledge of worker safety regulations as they relate to the
manufacturing and logistics operations and use of beverage bases
and concentrates, and to product development.
- EHS Management Systems: --Ability to support effective EHS
management systems (ISO 14001 and 45001). This includes the ability
to coach Associates how to effectively assess EHS management system
functionality and deployment.
- Environmental and Safety Regulations: --Knowledge of local,
state or federal environmental, health and safety regulations; how
to access resources (e.g., regulatory agencies, consulting firms,
web-based information); and evaluate resources as applicable to
facilities within Company system. This includes the ability to
obtain access to international environmental, health and safety
- Industrial Hygiene: --Knowledge of procedures used to
anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control physical, chemical,
biological and ergonomic hazards.
- Technical Communication to Non-Technical Audience:-- Ability to
break down or modify complex technical information as needed to
communicate it orally or in writing to non-technical Company staff
(e.g., senior managers, customers or consumers)
- Preferred Level: --Preferred candidates will also have
technical knowledge and progress towards one or more industry
certifications: CSP (BSCP), CIH (ABIH), CHMM (IHMM)
- Good interpersonal and communication and organizational
- Ability to work independently and effectively with associates
across different functions to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time for meetings, training,
and support needs. Position Details:
Base pay range $69,800 to $109,800. Pay offered will depend on
candidate's geographic location, prior relevant experience,
knowledge, skills, & abilities.-- -- At Swire Coca-Cola, USA, we
offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time associates.
Benefit options include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy, Medical
FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance,
Supplemental Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Disability
Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Employee
Assistance Program, Telehealth, Virtual Mental Health Counseling,
401(k) with Company Match, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid
Holidays, Maternity Disability Paid Leave, Parental Paid Leave, and
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify
program as required by law.--
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or
other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Swire Coca-Cola, USA, Denver , Manufacturing - Plant EHS Manager, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!